cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having Samsung Galaxy S 2 battery problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone else having Samsung Galaxy S 2 battery problems?

I have replaced this phone like 3 times, been given like 4 new batteries, purchased at least 3 new chargers as told by Sprint to solve issues, latest replacement phone received a month ago. It's exhibiting same issues already: discharges while on charger until dead. Sometimes it charges, sometimes only halfway - slowly, until it starts discharging again. It's dead now, been trying to charge it for 2 days! After calling from Sprint store today to ask to bump up my available upgrade so I can get an S3 or something, they said I can only pay $225 to get out my contract or get YET ANOTHER replacement phone. As a loyal 10 year plus customer I feel I deserve better than this. I don't want yet another S2. They suck after the upgrade or whatever has happened. EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED!

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Anyone else having Samsung Galaxy S 2 battery problems?

Yes, I am.  The latest update seems to have screwed up a lot of things.  Airave doesn't work (unable to complete your call at this time) for my phone or my wife's.  My phone shut down 4 hours after a full charge without making a single call.  Plugging it into the charger for 15 minutes shows it 90% charged.

Journeyman

CONTACT Samsung at 1-800-samsung.... if you are still under warranty, you will have to send them the phone and charger, they will fix it and send it back to you.... the ONLY problem is that you will have to find a temporary replacement while they fix it.... It takes 3 weeks to get the samsung back

Wizard

ANITAB818 wrote:

CONTACT Samsung at 1-800-samsung.... if you are still under warranty, you will have to send them the phone and charger, they will fix it and send it back to you.... the ONLY problem is that you will have to find a temporary replacement while they fix it.... It takes 3 weeks to get the samsung back

Not true! You only send in battery and proof of purchase. Takes only about two weeks tops!

Journeyman

This is a KNOWN ISSUE and almost certainly has something to do with software updates.  Sprint couldn't care less. 

Sprint has ruined all love that I had for this once-great phone.  This phone was great until the ICS update.  It began a long roller coaster of battery drains.  We have had a total of 25 phones over the last ten years and this is the first time where a battery died within one year and Sprint told me that it was "normal."

I wish that Sprint would confess that they blew it.  Anyone else thinking about a lawsuit?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat