Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Battery Life Due to Wifi- sleep and text messaging problems....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bad Battery Life Due to Wifi- sleep and text messaging problems....

Phone hard reset after the horrible ICS update... Battery reconditioned...

When the phone screen is turned off and the wifi is supposed to sleep the Wifi will stay on for an additional 10-20 mins with "keep wifi on during sleep" NEVER.  That seems to be draining my phone the most even after every single tweak.  When on GB my phone immediately slept when turning off my screen.  My phone will charge 6 hours and then the LED light when unplugged for 2-3 minutes will notify me to a full charge lol? I hope the phone isn't charging it for the additional 4 hours extra...  That leads me to believe that the notifications leds are all fouled up...  sure enough no led response or notification from third party apps amd hancent is one of the best...  Now sprint is pushing a new firmware to fix this bull.... do i even want to try it? LOL  I'd rather try a revision back to Ginger Bread...

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

I changed a wifi setting to assist with battery life:

settings

wifi

menu (bottom left)

advanced

change "keep WiFi on during sleep" to "only when plugged in"

I also did a reset (back up data because it will be erased) to solve other issues

Settings

privacy

factory reset

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat