cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life & Wifi issues

Journeyman

Battery life & Wifi issues

Post them here and hope that sprint will work with samsung to get these resolved!

A ton of people are reporting horrible battery life myself included after the ICS update. They are trying to find fix on XDA but you will have to resort to rooting and messing with your phone if you want to get good battery life on ICS unless samung/sprint resolves the issue. But I think the only way they may address it is enough people complain. Also a lot of people are reporting wifi issues as well. Like on ICS after you wake up your device often times it will not automatically reconnect to your router often times you have to toggle wifi on/off to get wifi back. Some very obvious bugs that I cant believe they let slip through this release.

UPDATE:

After sending an email to Dan@sprint.com outlining all the ICS issues we are all having as well as referring there corporate office to this forum and these threads I got an email and a phone. The email is basically irelevent all it talks about is when the release of ICS will be. It was very clear at the point that the rep from Sprint did not even read my email discussing all of the ICS issues. However they did leave a phone. The name of the rep is Demetre and they phone number they provided is  757-223-3363 I HIGHLY recommend people start calling this number and raising there concerns with the update and the issues it has caused with there phone. Unfortunately because the number was blocked I did not answer the phone call when the rep had called me. However I did call back a leave a message asking Demetre to follow up with me and to discuss what actions sprint is going to take.

I am hoping that we can get enough phone calls in that sprint will have no choice but to take action and rectify these issues.

Another UPDATE (7/20/2012)

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com and for speaking with me today.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this update has caused.  Per our conversation, we have partnered with Samsung regarding the Ice Cream Sandwich update; however, there is no estimate time of release for the new update.  I will contact your local Sprint repair centers to see if our technicians have alternative resolution outside of returning back to the original software. A follow up call will be provided on 07/23/2012.

I can also be reached at 757-223-3363.  I am in the office Monday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and Friday 11:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m. EST.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint.  We appreciate your business.

UPDATE (7/23/2012)

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com and for speaking with me today.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.  Per our conversation, I did speak with Bill at your local Sprint repair center who advised they are capable of addressing some of the problems customers are experiencing with the Ice Cream Sandwich software.  I will forward your feedback for internal review.  Once a software update is available Samsung will proactively push the update to our customers.  You did confirm your feedback was discussed and that you have no other questions.  I can also be reached at 757-223-3363.  I am in the office Monday - Friday 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and Saturday 11:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m. EST.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint.  We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Demetre B.

Sprint

Sincerely,

Demetre B.

Sprint

:

46 REPLIES 46
Wizard

Re: Battery life & Wifi issues

the remaining staff that kept these buggy phones have reported all their phone use issues like crashes, GPS, screen randomly blanking, failure to ring, etc have been resolved since the update.  However, battery drops very quickly now.  One person said they make 3 texts and 2 calls from 0630-1330 and the batter was down to 52%.  They said such light usage usually made it all day and they had about 60% left. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

The battery usage chart shows the phone never sleeps while WiFi is on.  It's losing 10% of the battery every hour while doing nothing.

I have a Linksys E4200 with the beacon interval set to 1000ms.  That should give the radios plenty of time to rest while idle.

Journeyman

I'm on 6 hours of battery use w/moderate usuage (messaging, web for a total of 30-45 min, FB app for 10 minutes or so, uploading pics to online album, playing around with settings, and I also have a live wallpaper) and I'm at 55% battery life using Juice Defender.

Journeyman

As an experiemnt try disabling juice defender and seeing how long you last. You should see a significant drop.

Journeyman

CAS, I'm going to see how long I can go with JD since I only had ICS for 2 days.  When I recharge again I'll disable it & post the differences. 

Journeyman

CAS818028 wrote:

Post them here and hope that sprint will work with samsung to get these resolved!

A ton of people are reporting horrible battery life myself included after the ICS update. They are trying to find fix on XDA but you will have to resort to rooting and messing with your phone if you want to get good battery life on ICS unless samung/sprint resolves the issue. But I think the only way they may address it is enough people complain. Also a lot of people are reporting wifi issues as well. Like on ICS after you wake up your device often times it will not automatically reconnect to your router often times you have to toggle wifi on/off to get wifi back. Some very obvious bugs that I cant believe they let slip through this release.

I've had ICS for a couple days now and I haven't noticed a big difference in battery life.  But that may be because I'm so used to being plugged into a charger.

Journeyman

Serious drop in battery life...can't make it through a 12hr shift anymore...barely get six hrs now

Highlighted
Journeyman

DMourouzis wrote:

CAS818028 wrote:

I've had ICS for a couple days now and I haven't noticed a big difference in battery life.  But that may be because I'm so used to being plugged into a charger.

You need to be on the BATTERY to notice the significant batter drain

Journeyman

True but since the EVO 4G I've come not to expect much by way of battery life.

Definitely saw a battery drain on WiFi - I did a factory reset and today at work (in a building with poor 3g reception and never last 7hrs on a full charge) I still had 35% after 12 hrs (autosync email on). I think the WiFi is causing an issue.

Journeyman

I got 15 hrs with moderate usuage as I mentioned above on one charge using Juice Defender.  I'm currently at 15% so I'd guess I'd still have a few more hours and that is with wifi on the entire time.  Tomorrow I will disable Juice Defender and see how far I get. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat