Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy the 4G Touch now, or wait for price to come down?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Buy the 4G Touch now, or wait for price to come down?

I'm in the market for a new phone and the Galaxy S2 looks like what I want. I noticed that the Galaxy S3 will be coming soon, but it doesn't seem like enough of a difference from the S2 for me to want to pay the extra money for it (assuming that it will be about $300 at launch, after discount). I'm not a gamer, just a business user. A new EVO is coming too, but they will have hoverboards before Sprint has 4G/LTE in Tucson AZ so the main appeal of that is lost on me.

So the question is, should I buy the S2 now or wait until the S3 lauches to see if the S2 is discounted some more? Is there any chance that Sprint will insta-drop the S2 when the S3 launches?

And of course feel free to persuade me to buy something else if you really need to. 😉

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Heh, well I was right about one thing anyway. The price on the S2 just went down $50. 🙂

I'm going to wait a few weeks to see how the EVO LTE fairs and get that. If the GS3 comes out within my 30-day return window I'll probably exchange for that. Thanks for the input everybody.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat