cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Connect to 3g Networks after Encrypting Device

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't Connect to 3g Networks after Encrypting Device

Odd behavior. After encrypting my device, my phone can't connect to any 3G networks. Wifi and 4G work just fine. I called in to get some help from a technician... after a while (not sure what he did), it worked again. Then, after my phone died from a long day at work, it won't connect to 3G anymore. What gives?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Can't Connect to 3g Networks after Encrypting Device

Confirmed that decrypting the device fixed the issue. As long as I'm not encrypted, I can connect to 3G network without trouble.

Journeyman

I have the same exact issue!!!!  Sprint needs to resolve this.  Did you ever get a resolution?

Master

What software are you running on your device?

Journeyman

Andriod 4.0.4, but had the same issue with the initial ICS release.

Master

I would suggest turning off  encryption on the device to  allow the update.

Journeyman

Can I re-encrypt after the update?  In my line of work I have to be able to attest I have a FIPS 140-2 whole device encrypted phone.

Journeyman

I removed my work email account, decrypted my phone, and downloaded the MailDroid app to sync my work email with my phone. It did not require encryption. So far so good...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat