cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add words to Swype dictionary since Jellybean update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't add words to Swype dictionary since Jellybean update?

I've noticed since updating to Jellybean that I can't add words to my Swype dictionary.  Looking on Swype's forum site, they indicate that this is a carrier problem.  Anyone else having this issue?

http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?11467-Preinstalled-Swype-doesn-t-add-words-correctly

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Can't add words to Swype dictionary since Jellybean update?

bump

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was having the problem recently.  I went into the Application Manager and cleared the data for Swype.  Pretty sure it erased my dictionary (wasn't really working anyway).  I had to reassign Swype as the default input, but now I'm able to add words to the dictionary again.  I guess I'll see if it continues to work down the road, but it is for now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, that seems to have fixed my problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Didn't work for me. I have the HTC One coming tomorrow, but still would like to figure this out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have this same issue with a Galaxy S2. Since I updated the OS to Jellybean, Swype will now not allow you to save words to your personal dictionary. I've used Swype for years now and never had this issue up until the latest OS update. Seems maybe someone is forcing us to use the Samsung keyboard as opposed to Swype.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat