cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't play mp3 files

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't play mp3 files

just got a replacement phone after my last one had some major...issues. now on this replacement phone any mp3's I try to open it says "No applications can perform this action." I tried downloading a third party app to see if maybe it would pick up my mp3s and then i could just clear defaults and pick a new default player but no luck. any ideas how to solve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Which version of software are you running?  You can find it in Settings->About Phone and it will look like SPH-D710.EL29 (or FF18, FH13)

Codecs are part of the preloaded software, so if they're missing a flash of the ROM or doing the FH13 update if not done already may fix the problem.

You may also want to check your apps to make certain that something isn't trying to take over responsibility for playing MP3s.

Highlighted
Journeyman

FF18, the thing is though even fresh out the replacement box the native software didn't want to support my mp3s though. I didn't do the update or anything I actually wish I could have gotten 2.3 and just been left alone with that but meh, everything else works fine so can't complain too bad.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just double-checking but did you try a check of the MP3 file on another device?

Just wondering if the MP3 was a bad encode or other format and just named .mp3....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah it's the same mp3s I had on my original gsII that I had originally transferred from my laptop. they all work just fine on the laptop still

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat