cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to 3G or 4G networks

Highlighted
Journeyman

After being with T-Mobile for over 10 years, I switched to Sprint to be on my husband's family plan, and each day I regret it a little more. The latest problem now is that I can no longer connect to Sprint's 3G or 4G network. I turn off the wifi, select 4G, and nothing happens. It doesn't even try to connect. It was working fine for the first couple of weeks, and now all of a sudden it stopped. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

My plan is to contact Sprint as a last resort, since when we called them with a poor reception issue, they basically told us to take a flying leap because their "computer" told them our reception was fine, even though our phones showed no reception. .

3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

there is a reset they can do over their computer that basically makes it look for another tower. either call in for it or one of the techs in here can do it. is this only happening on your phone or the other phones as well?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

oh. forgot to ask if you have done any of the usual fix attempts? main one being pull the battery for a few minutes (at least 5) and then power it back on. update your profile and prl. if that doesnt work then call sprint or have one of the guys in here do a reset on your reception.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

This is happening with my GS2, also. Seems like once or twice a week, it can't make a data connection. When it does this there's no 3G or 4G indicator in the status bar. I tried Airplane Mode in/out but that didn't work. The quickest way to resolve it is to pwr-cycle the handset, so it seems like a genuine problem that should be addressed with a fix at some point.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat