cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or recieve calls (all dropped within seconds) in Indianapolis IN

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot make or recieve calls (all dropped within seconds) in Indianapolis IN

For four days, and sporadic in the weeks leading up to this, I cannot make or receive calls without them being dropped.  It is really causing me serious issues as I use this phone for my job and is my only personal phone as well.  I cannot take this much longer and have been on the phone with customer service and all they do is remotely, so they say, update my profiles or something.  I was told they were working on towers in the area and the scheduled completion time is 5/28.  I cannot go without service that long but neither can afford two phone bills to get service with another carrier.  I need to be able to switch and fast as I will not wait that long for service that I am being charged for in spite of not having the service.  I pay $179 a month for service and cannot use it for calls.  I asked to be released from what is left on my contract, 6 months, and was told no.  Just no.  Really?  You keep paying but we will keep making excuses for no service but still charge you for it.  I am going to file a complaint, along with others in my area who are doing the same thing, with the state attorney generals office, the BBB and anywhere else I find I can file a consumer complaint.  I understand you are upgrading and that is fine but not giving paying customers notice of what is all mentioned by your own customer care folks all over these boards, you knew this would happen and are just telling people, wait, wiat, it will be better but what is criminal is that you are saying it will be three months but you still have to pay your bill and we will not release you from our agreement to seek quality service elsewhere.  I have been a customer since 1991 and I am done and gone regardless of what happens.  I want released from the contract with no fee so I can have phone service again with a better carrier. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Cannot make or recieve calls (all dropped within seconds) in Indianapolis IN

VICTORIAHALL67,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see the issues you're having with the services. While there are a number of upgrades going on in the Indianapolis area, our goal is to process these with the least amount of service disruptions possible. So I can check out your area and see what is going on, can you please provide me with the zip code and cross streets? Also, what model phone do you have? Thank you!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Cannot make or recieve calls (all dropped within seconds) in Indianapolis IN

It is bad everywhere but my work area and my home area are the worst and I cannot keep a call in either area. 

home area is near Franklin Road and Edgewood Avenue (intersection) on the SE side of Indianapolis

work area is near Post Road and E. 56 Street (intersection) on the NE side of Indianapolis

It happens all over the city though and I am only able to make maybe 1 out of 20 calls but none at the locations listed above.

I have a Samsung Galaxy II Epic 4g Touch and until a couple of weeks had never had trouble since 1991.  Again if these issues are not resolved and service restored within days I want out of my contract to allow me to sign up with a stable provider.  I am not going to put up with this through May 28th.

Highlighted

VICTORIAHALL,

Thank you for the information. With regards to your home address, there is a tower off of East Thompson Road that is having issues technicians are working to repair. The closest tower to work is off of Barker Lane and is not showing any outages. There is, however, a tower in the general vicinity located off of North Mitthoeffer that is having similar intermittent service issues to the East Thompson Road tower. Our technicians are working to get these towers back up to speed ASAP. With those towers having issues, it may cause capacity issues with towers nearby. With that said, these issues should not be traveling with you everywhere you go. Have you run a PRL update on your phone recently and powercycled? Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is worse at home than anywhere but does happen all over.  Yes, 3 times now on the PRL update and pwercycle.  All in the last two days. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat