cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging paused. Voltage too high.

Journeyman

Re: Charging paused. Voltage too high.

@ Tiffnchits.  I feel your pain.  I have also had the unfortunate need to speak to store reps about the Issues with my own E4GT.  Guess what?  They haven't heard of ANY problems, and anything wrong is my fault as well.

Read my thread, Sprint (AKA The NOW Network) is NOW censoring/deleting inauspicious & unfavorable posts.  Read what ...

You'll see what I mean....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recently had this problem and it went away. I have no idea how but it seems to have resolved itself.

I was in the same exact situation as tiffnchits. Sprints TEP plan is a sham. 

I'm going to start moving my account away from sprint. Terrible service, and terrible customer service.

Journeyman

It's just corrosion on the usb connector from being exposed to the elements all the time. Get some lighter fluid or 90% isopropyl alcohol and tiny cleaning swabs to clean the usb connector and the connector on your charging cord. Do not use Q-tips or any cotton type swabs as they can leave fibers behind and create further problems.

Journeyman

I'mn having this issue as well. It started after my phone got wet.

I keep seeing "gently pry up the charging pin in the microusb connector" as a possible solution. But I don't know which pin that is, or how to do that.

Does anyone have a diagram or picture, and a description of how to do that?

THANKS

Journeyman

Original post is questioning a specific error message stating "charging paused. Voltage too high". I will respond specifically to that issue. This was happening to me over and over and kept getting message saying battery was charging/not charging even when I didn't have charger connected. It seems the issue was fixed when i performed the system updates available under settings>activate this device as well as ones under update this device. I did both and didnt care if it said it was up to date. Worked for me! No more stupid error message.

Journeyman

My Samsung Galaxy S2 is having the same glitches. It has turned it's self off multiple times, as well and not wanted to turn on unless I plug it back in to the charger. I charged my phone completely to 100% and this message began. After 10 minutes of this message popping up, my phone has used at least 42% of the battery. This is very irritating, considering the fact that I have long days in which I must have my cell phone and cannot charge it, consecutively throughout the day. The phone will have a pop up on the screen after I unplug the charger that says 'Charging paused. Voltage too high.' Then the Battery Icon in the notification bar will blink non-stop until the phone is plugged back in. If Sprint could please address the problem and help those of us with this problem it would be highly appreciated.

Journeyman

I have had this problem, I took mine in, they replaced it. About 3 weeks later it happened again, called in they sent me a battery, was a nice fix that lasted no time flat. Now I have been waiting over a month and a half for a "replacement phone." It got so bad, my phone would no longer charge my battery. Called Sprint again...oooops, our bad, we should have send a new phone not just a battery (DUH!) I got extremely ticked and bought a different phone off of craigslist about 3 weeks ago....called sprint last week...still no idea as to when my REPLACEMENT PHONE will be here...waiting until I die I guess