cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know what the F127 Software Update Is and if I dare update my Samsung Galaxy SII?

Journeyman

Does anyone know what the F127 Software Update Is and if I dare update my Samsung Galaxy SII?

This is my third Galaxy SII that I have had and my issues with the phone began when they pushed out the Ice Cream Sandwich.  I downloaded it the first time all excited to get an update and then my phone crapped out. I got a replacement and that phone had ICS on it already and it lasted a week. So, long story short, I am very weary of updates.  So my phone this morning requested to update "F127 Software Update."   What is this update, what does it change, and do I really dare do it?  Please let me know what you know!! THANK YOU!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Does anyone know what the F127 Software Update Is and if I dare update my Samsung Galaxy SII?

Hi libinzibe, thanks much for your inquiry.

I’m sorry for the issues you were experiencing with your two previous Galaxy II phones.

The F127 update is actually the latest Ice Cream Sandwich version. It was created to fix most of the issues from the previous update that some people were experiencing.

It also adds these functions:

• Users will now be able be able to edit the Internal Out of Office message from email
  • Users will now able to access VPN services through 3G without having to use 4G or WiFi

What problems in particular would you have with the previous updates?

Thanks,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Patron

Re: Does anyone know what the F127 Software Update Is and if I dare update my Samsung Galaxy SII?

I too had many problems with the last update, also Samsung SII.  I would receive error messages when sending texts, using apps, etc...phone would shut off, had bad reception too. Had to go to repair center & have them reload previous version. I lost Norton Anti Theft that I purchased, which took a lot of time to get them to reinstall for me. I do no want to install latest verison.  How do I bypass screen so it doesn't keep popping back up?  I will not do any updates and am tired of the screen popping back up asking me to install version F127. 

Thanks

Wizard

Thanks everyone for their input.

Usually when there's a new update for a Sprint phone, the notification will continue to come up until the update is accepted.

Other people have found different methods to address this issue through Google and other sites. This is not recommended by Sprint, however.

Thanks again everyone,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I gather I don't need to necessarily download the above update? Sometimes an update can hinder more than it helps. Will the update that keeps popping up on my phone ever going away? When it pops up I just clear the notification on my phone (refer to sentence in bold). So, I would have to update, even if it may not be so good to do so. My biggest concern would be with the battery thing; which I've heard about from other people on other websites and such. Are there any other issues to be concerned about? I don't mean to sound negative here, just have concerns.

Usually when there's a new update for a Sprint phone, the notification will continue to come up until the update is accepted.

Other people have found different methods to address this issue through Google and other sites. This is not recommended by Sprint, however.

Thanks again everyone,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat