cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade Samsung Epic 4g Touch to Gingerbread

Journeyman

Downgrade Samsung Epic 4g Touch to Gingerbread

Is there a way that sprint can downgrade my phone back to gingerbread? Ice cream sandwhich is bad so I want to go back.

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Downgrade Samsung Epic 4g Touch to Gingerbread

not sure bout those sandwiches, but I can't even call 911 on this motorola XPRT. And I only had it 3 days. Can't be called or call anyone not even Sprint. I think they left some crumbs from the cookie.

Journeyman

I would also love to know this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed.

It is a disaster

AND I am NOT A BETA TESTER!!!!!

I am going to my local store/repair center today. If they can't help me, I am going to refuse to pay my bill as compensation for being a tester of pooorly tested software. Again, I AM NOT A BETA TESTER!!!

Wizard

I'm amazed at the number of complaints about this update.  For us all the issues with the phone were resolved with the ICS update.  The battery life issue was isolated to wifi so we just disable that until we need it. We only have 2 left since there were so many problems with the devices previously but my co-workers are thrilled with their phones now that the update is out. 

Does a factory reset fix any of these new issues?

Cheers,

Wizard

A factory reset won't uninstall the latest OS, if that's what you're asking. The inability to call might be solved by a hard reset.

Journeyman

If you are having any trouble with the update, go here, follow the link and follow the instructions!

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/94352?tstart=0

Wizard

I was just wondering if a factory restore of ICS would eliminate the problems therefore obviating the need to revert to GB. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

Factory Reset does not make a difference. I found this out unfortunately AFTER using Kies to backup the phone and I did not get my text Messages backed up. Lost 45 days of Messages since the last time I tried a factory reset.

Journeyman

From what I gathered from the 3 Sprint stores I visited and the 7 times I spoke to Sprint Phone Customer Service, there is no way Sprint can roll back our phones to Gingerbread from Ice Cream Sandwich. It has been a VERY frustrating situation.

Journeyman

To all struggling with or interested in the ICS update to the Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S2:

Please consider reviewing the link below and adding your thoughts on the larger mobile computing/Android industry implications raised by the flawed ICS update.

Thank you.

Re: Failed and COSTLY Ice Cream Sandwich update and Swype fix (Epic 4G Touch Samsung Galaxy S2)

Journeyman

If you have insurance on your handset through Sprint, they're re-install Gingerbread for you.  Just dropped mine off at the store and I'm picking it up in an hour.  Be sure to back up all of your data first. 

I CAN'T WAIT to have Gingerbread back.  The text and email notifications keep going off while I'm on a call, and aside from killing my ears, the person on the other end can hear them as well.  Not to mention the huge drain on the battery.  The guy at Sprint said he's had a ton of people come in and ask to do this.  At least we're not the only ones.  Maybe I'll consider re-installing ICS once they make some changes to it, but at this point, I have no desire. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat