Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPIC touch 4g data roaming error notification problem after update to ICS

Highlighted
Journeyman

EPIC touch 4g data roaming error notification problem after update to ICS

Hi,

At work I'm right on the edge of service between Sprint and roam.  Prior to update the service would switch back and forth without issue and without notification.  Now all day long I get errors in the notification bar about data roam error.  "Data roaming.  You have lost data connectivity because you left your home network with data roaming turned off"  I've been in the settings pane that deals with data roaming and have made sure I have it set up to allow data roaming but somehow it still reports this error as fast as I clear the error it comes back.

When i click on the notification it brings me to mobile network settings page and there is a check in the 3G data roam box.  I've tried checking and unchecking the roam block settings which does nothing.  How do I allow 3G data roaming and get rid of this annoying message?  is this a known bug, I don't see much about it online, just a few posts of similar problem but no solution.

Also, maybe this is related, but I have had awful signal strength since day 1, unfortunately so have many others.  No improvements since android ICS update, any other tips to try to get this phone's signal to function on par with other phones?  even my old non-smartphone on the same sprint network in the same locations blew away the signal strength of this supposed 'smart phone'.

Thanks to all for their help

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have this too.  It frequently sticks on roaming and then the phone has no working signal, saying I have roaming turned off.  Roaming is on.  I have to return to near a Sprint tower and reboot.   Last weekend I was at 95112 and 95131, areas with top signal strength, but my phone showed only roaming with 0 to 1 bars and did not work.

GPS is dead again too.  I'm sending the phone back yet another time for repairs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Add me to this also. So yesterday, I made an appointment at the Sprint repair center for them to check out my phone. Supposedly, they informed me that there was nothing wrong with my phone but they went ahead and re-flashed the software and reset my phone. The guy then tells me that Sprint is experiencing network issues with the upgrade. So, I shrug my shoulders and thank them for their time and looking at my phone. Unfortunately, I still have the roaming coming up, the circle with the line over it, and then not being able to make a call out and having to reboot the phone to work. Back to square one again.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat