cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVDO Rev B

Sprint Employee

Re: EVDO Rev B

Hello mrcminnesota, ##33284# is ##DEBUG# to get to your engineering menu, the MSL is your Master Subsidy lock code, it is also referred to as your Service Programming Code (SPC). Technical support may provide this code provided your account is in good standing, you are the account holder, and you have provided your pin number although for determining which chipset your phone has you may have good results by looking though google for information related to the phone's Exynos processor. So far no announcements have been made that we plan on upgrading to Rev B.

Sprint Employee

EVDO Rev B

JayWill7211, the QSC6085 is not capable of anything above Rev A., however it will work on a rev B. network, and will experience improvements in data speed & call viability because of significant increases in capacity. Apart from that, we have made no announcements that we plan to upgrade our network to Rev B. it will be announced in newsroom.sprint.com first if it is in the works.

Journeyman

EVDO Rev B

Don't feel bad... When they upgrade to Rev. B with same pitiful backhaul, I'll sell you my used Evo 4G that'll run Rev. B for cheap while I go to Verizon to use a network that actually runs at decent speeds.  It's in great shape-- not a scratch-- I have babied it since I got it in June 2010-- oh, and the 4G radio has never been used on it-- and since I've only averaged about 85 kbps on 3G this past year and a half, the processor hasn't worked too hard either...

Master

EVDO Rev B

InThe225 wrote:

...When they upgrade to Rev. B with same pitiful backhaul...

No plans for a network upgrade to EV-DO Rev. B have been announced by Sprint.

And directly related to your statement about backhaul... Sprint's IP/MPLS division is a Tier 1 Network and Internet Backbone provider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_backbone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tier_1_network

https://www.sprint.net/performance/

Journeyman

EVDO Rev B

Thank you for providing confirmation RC1024.

Journeyman

EVDO Rev B

Your backhaul information still doesn't help the Sprint customers in 90+% of the country that suffer sub-100 kbps speeds consistently on Sprint's network (refer to the majority of the posts in the network & coverage forum).  And, Sprint probably won't implement Rev. B... it would be too smart a move and make too much sense for the company that is still stupid enough to use primitive 1970's T1 lines for data backhaul rather than OC-3's like modern carriers...

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

EVDO Rev B

Official Sprint Answer:

Sprint is committed to delivering the highest quality network experience.  Our Network Vision plan will improve your network experience, but it does not include any EVDO Rev B launch. Sprint has evaluated EVDO Rev B and chosen to go directly to 4G connections.  Since we are not launching EVDO Rev B, none of our handsets supports EVDO Rev B. 

Thank you for your interest in our Network and Chipset Technologies!

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Sprint Employee

EVDO Rev B

Thank you for the official response.

Journeyman

Wingland just put everyone in place.    Well people, that settles it!

Look, after using this phone for a some time now I have to say this - I don't give a shit about the slow speed.  This phone is great and the positives just crush the negatives. 

To the EVO selling guy InThe225 - Don't hate just because you don't have a GS2.  Enjoy paying out the a$$ for Verizon and the worst customer service, enjoy being ripped off on every bill and of course enjoy the data caps! 

Journeyman

Wingland thank you for the official response in this matter.  Now it can be put to rest.

@SteveSG2 the Epic Touch supports 4G out of the box.  So if Sprint improves the 4G coverage area and or increses capacity then we too can and should see a improvement.

All around good news for all because with a beefed up 4G service then things should get better for all.

Journeyman

EVDO Rev B

Dude, your GS2 has no feature that my Evo doesn't... they both are capable of all the same network connections: with one exception:  My evo has EVDO Rev. B capability if Sprint should choose to implement this software upgrade to triple 3G speeds.  Since the 4G WiMax network that both our phones can use will not be expanded any further, if we don't have 4G now, we won't get it unless we get new LTE-capable phones.  I don't know of anyone in their right mind that would stay with Sprint after over a year of sub-100 kilobit speeds on 3G through most of the country.  Some will go to AT&T, some to T-Mobile, and some to Verizon.  All will likely pay a little more, but you get what you pay for.  We all found this out this past year by force roaming to Verizon and getting speeds of 1200 kilobits or faster consistently on their 3G network while Sprint could bearly achieve 100 kilobit speeds.  I hope Sprint will be able to stay in business, but in my part of the country, they've already lost 20 -30% of their smartphone subscribers this year due to the pathetic speeds.  Rev. B would help them if they were smart enough to go this route.

EVDO Rev B

wingland wrote:

Official Sprint Answer:

Sprint is committed to delivering the highest quality network experience.  Our Network Vision plan will improve your network experience, but it does not include any EVDO Rev B launch. Sprint has evaluated EVDO Rev B and chosen to go directly to 4G connections.  Since we are not launching EVDO Rev B, none of our handsets supports EVDO Rev B. 

Thank you for your interest in our Network and Chipset Technologies!

Except the EVO 3D Clearly supports EVDO Rev B. since it has the qualcomm 8660 chipset.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.