cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVDO Rev B

Journeyman

EVDO Rev B

Thank you for providing confirmation RC1024.

Journeyman

EVDO Rev B

Your backhaul information still doesn't help the Sprint customers in 90+% of the country that suffer sub-100 kbps speeds consistently on Sprint's network (refer to the majority of the posts in the network & coverage forum).  And, Sprint probably won't implement Rev. B... it would be too smart a move and make too much sense for the company that is still stupid enough to use primitive 1970's T1 lines for data backhaul rather than OC-3's like modern carriers...

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

EVDO Rev B

Official Sprint Answer:

Sprint is committed to delivering the highest quality network experience.  Our Network Vision plan will improve your network experience, but it does not include any EVDO Rev B launch. Sprint has evaluated EVDO Rev B and chosen to go directly to 4G connections.  Since we are not launching EVDO Rev B, none of our handsets supports EVDO Rev B. 

Thank you for your interest in our Network and Chipset Technologies!

Wizard

EVDO Rev B

Thank you for the official response.

Journeyman

Re: EVDO Rev B

Wingland just put everyone in place.    Well people, that settles it!

Look, after using this phone for a some time now I have to say this - I don't give a shit about the slow speed.  This phone is great and the positives just crush the negatives. 

To the EVO selling guy InThe225 - Don't hate just because you don't have a GS2.  Enjoy paying out the a$$ for Verizon and the worst customer service, enjoy being ripped off on every bill and of course enjoy the data caps! 

Journeyman

Re: EVDO Rev B

Wingland thank you for the official response in this matter.  Now it can be put to rest.

@SteveSG2 the Epic Touch supports 4G out of the box.  So if Sprint improves the 4G coverage area and or increses capacity then we too can and should see a improvement.

All around good news for all because with a beefed up 4G service then things should get better for all.

Journeyman

EVDO Rev B

Dude, your GS2 has no feature that my Evo doesn't... they both are capable of all the same network connections: with one exception:  My evo has EVDO Rev. B capability if Sprint should choose to implement this software upgrade to triple 3G speeds.  Since the 4G WiMax network that both our phones can use will not be expanded any further, if we don't have 4G now, we won't get it unless we get new LTE-capable phones.  I don't know of anyone in their right mind that would stay with Sprint after over a year of sub-100 kilobit speeds on 3G through most of the country.  Some will go to AT&T, some to T-Mobile, and some to Verizon.  All will likely pay a little more, but you get what you pay for.  We all found this out this past year by force roaming to Verizon and getting speeds of 1200 kilobits or faster consistently on their 3G network while Sprint could bearly achieve 100 kilobit speeds.  I hope Sprint will be able to stay in business, but in my part of the country, they've already lost 20 -30% of their smartphone subscribers this year due to the pathetic speeds.  Rev. B would help them if they were smart enough to go this route.

EVDO Rev B

wingland wrote:

Official Sprint Answer:

Sprint is committed to delivering the highest quality network experience.  Our Network Vision plan will improve your network experience, but it does not include any EVDO Rev B launch. Sprint has evaluated EVDO Rev B and chosen to go directly to 4G connections.  Since we are not launching EVDO Rev B, none of our handsets supports EVDO Rev B. 

Thank you for your interest in our Network and Chipset Technologies!

Except the EVO 3D Clearly supports EVDO Rev B. since it has the qualcomm 8660 chipset.

Journeyman

EVDO Rev B

Sgt.Slaughter88 wrote:

Except the EVO 3D Clearly supports EVDO Rev B. since it has the qualcomm 8660 chipset.

Except that doesn't make a bit of difference if the network doesn't support Rev.B.   So your point is?

EVDO Rev B

Unnplugged wrote:

Sgt.Slaughter88 wrote:

Except that doesn't make a bit of difference if the network doesn't support Rev.B.   So your point is?

DUH, but I was meerely saying that official statement was incorrect since there is a handset that does support it. The statement should of been more along the lines of "Sprint will not be supporting evdo revB" or something like that.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.