Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4G Touch ICS Update disapear

Journeyman

Epic 4G Touch ICS Update disapear

I got the ICS update notification on my phone on Mon. 8/6/12.

I was on the way to and at the work so I kept pushing the update off to do it later.

Only to find out that notification disapear from the phone and now I can't even update my phone.

I've contacted Sprint customer service twice and Samsung once, and both referring each other that the other company(Samsung<-->Sprint)

can push the OTA update to my phone once again.

Is there anybody had same problem and hopefully got the phone updated?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Try rebooting your phone.  After pushing it off for about a day and a half the notice disappeared on my phone until I rebooted, then it came back.

Journeyman

The notification to update your phone dissappeared or is it actually gone form the system updates in about phone?

Journeyman

Ha! Count yourself lucky! And I am not kidding. Do not feel left out, stay on Gingerbread if you can! See my post from other threads below:

It's been bugging me since yesterday (8/11) to upgrade and I was hoping that this would be a better upgrade experience that for the first set of users. So I upgraded about 1/2 hr ago and it's generally fine but there were annoyances and I still may uncover others...

1. The "Swipe Screen to Unlock" msg is really unnecessary, why'd they feel that was needed ?!
  2. Google's "Music Play" app was removed from one of my home screens. It was still in the apps area but WTH was it removed ?!
  3. Bluetooth was totally jacked up! My device name was changed and I had to re-pair with like 5 freakin' devices! Yeh, that's an annoyance.
  4. Contacts' pictures are fine as thumbnails but when you select the contact (in Portrait mode) the picture is zoomed in so much that it's basically useless, WTF ?! The picture reverts to a decent thumbnail when in Landscape mode. Idiots.
  5. Press/hold Home button displays more info about recent/current apps but it uses transparent overlay on your home screen so it's difficult to see things. It just looks wrong. 
  6. Some apps don't exit as quickly, they kind of hang on the display for an extra second or so, pathetic.

Things that are new or still ok:

1. the Swype keyboard is alright,
  2. Task Manager is still the same,
  3. the status bar now includes text for battery percentage, eg, "75%"
  4. the notifications screen now has an action-icon to put device in silent mode

This upgrade in no way meets expectations for the improvements Ice Cream Sandwich was to bring. Instead, it brings annoyances that I hope are remedied in subsequent minor releases. I wish there was a setting I could've used to inhibit ICS upgrade notifications because I was entirely content with Gingerbread. As an IT PM it just really angers and frustrates me that so much unfinished/half-thought-out implementations were permitted to be rolled out to the user population.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat