cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4G Touch & Ice Cream Sandwich

Highlighted
Journeyman

Epic 4G Touch & Ice Cream Sandwich

So is the Epic 4G touch going to get Ice Cream Sandwich can anyone at Sprint give a yes or no?

what would the time frame be 1 month or 6 months or 1 year?

The Epic 4G Touch could be my first phone made by Samsung it could be my last to going by the discussion on this forum

On the fence right now 50/50 all the LOS does not sound to good

Also do you think that Sprint might get the next NEXUS Phone the Nexus Prime?

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Journeyman

zobrauta wrote:

06/08/12

While AT&T and T-Mobile have rolled out Ice Cream Sandwich to their respective Android 4.0 devices, the Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich release date still remains unknown.

T-Mobile rolled out its Android 4.0 update for the Galaxy S II a few weeks ago and today, AT&T finally made its Galaxy S II Ice Cream Sandwich update available through Samsung Kies.

This means, out of the three major U.S. carriers that host the Samsung Galaxy S II, that owners of Sprint’s Galaxy S II will be the last to get the update, something that might not sit well with customers.

They all still took almost a year.

People need to learn to vote with their wallets and stop crying all the time, you want the latest updates then get a nexus device. I've been with Android since the G1 and I know it's retarded to come on forums and ask for updates, The people reading this could care less about what you expect out of Samsung and Sprint.

If you want ICS, get a nexus device or install a custom ROM. I'm on ICS on my E4Gtouch for over a month now using custom ROMS. CM9 is in Alpha and has been running smoothly .

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Epic 4G Touch recieved the Ice Cream Sandwich update today.  Prior to the update, I was getting 9-12 hours on my battery, depending on how much I used my phone during the day.  The upgrade happened while my phone was on the charger overnight.  When I woke up this morning, 4.0 was installed, and my battery was fully charged.  By noon, my PHUCKING BATTERY WAS DEAD.  ARE YOU PHUCKING KIDDING ME?  THIS IS WHAT I PHUCKING WAITED FOR?  HALF PHUCKING BATTERY LIFE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow chill out man. Have you looked to see what was eating up the battery? Have you rebooted since this to see if it happens again?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Haven't received the download yet but there has to be some validity to this at the least.  There are hundreds of posts out there claiming the same issue.

Where's Sprint to fix this? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

To all struggling with or interested in the ICS update to the Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S2:

Please consider reviewing the link below and adding your thoughts on the larger mobile computing/Android industry implications raised by the flawed ICS update.

Thank you.

Re: Failed and COSTLY Ice Cream Sandwich update and Swype fix (Epic 4G Touch Samsung Galaxy S2)

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat