cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4G Touch & Ice Cream Sandwich

Journeyman

So is the Epic 4G touch going to get Ice Cream Sandwich can anyone at Sprint give a yes or no?

what would the time frame be 1 month or 6 months or 1 year?

The Epic 4G Touch could be my first phone made by Samsung it could be my last to going by the discussion on this forum

On the fence right now 50/50 all the LOS does not sound to good

Also do you think that Sprint might get the next NEXUS Phone the Nexus Prime?

28 REPLIES 28
Journeyman

I doubt it will ever get ICS. Even if it did, at the rate it's taking to get GB on the Epic ICS would probably be coming out for it in a few years. Don't hold your breath for it.

Also, I believe the Nexus Prime will only be available on Verizon. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that (I hope I am, I would love to have the Prime).

Journeyman

Not from Sprint but I do hope the Epic Touch will get Ice Cream...it should but time will tell...not everyone is have LOS...I have not experienced the problems that most are saying about the Epic Touch...it has been solid for me...

Journeyman

I hope Samsung and Sprint can focus on our phones and provide updates and more instead of focusing on all these new phonez that come out every few days. This way we can get some bug fixes and new improvements on our phones....

Journeyman

it will get it the phone was just release last month samsung is gonna work with google to incorporate touch wix with the ice cream OS

GrandMaster

no one from sprint will answer this until its posted by one of the techs in here that it will be available to download on such and such date / in a couple days.

alot of the people that post in here will hear about it quicker through other sites before sprint.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So far Sprint phones have gotten one OS update, eventually. So I'm sure the GS2, their signature phone, will go to ICS, eventually.

GrandMaster

sprint phones or this one? the EVO 4G got 2 different OS updates. froyo and GB. the 3D is going to be getting ICS as well.

also android made the carriers sign a agreement saying that they will keep giving any available OS updates for at least 18 months from the devices release. at least thats what i read a while back. but with that it still leaves it in the hands of samsung and sprint to get them kicked out.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yikes, you're right. I meant Samsung phones only get one update, not Sprint. HTC phones do get updated on Sprint and other networks.

GrandMaster

yah HTC is usually pretty quick to kick out updates. fixes on bugs...yah...wont go there lol. actually theyre usually pretty good with fixes for the most part. samsung on the other hand from what i have seen and heard is they take FOREVER to kick out a update. matter oh fact didnt the epic JUST get gingerbread? and it was out before the evo.

Journeyman

XD

There have been bugs reported on the 1st week of launch, and they are already overdue on a maintenance patch!!! Loss of Signal bug, Sound Bug, Mic Bug...

Youre Ice Cream Sandwich will be more like a puddle of milk and 2 pieces of moldy bread by the time we see it on our phones... Samsung has the worst customer support... i WISH they could prove me wrong... *WISHING*

Journeyman

I was very reluctant to buy another Samsung phone due to the unfixed GPS and extremely late rollouts of Froyo and (now, allegedly) Gingerbread on the S1.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat