Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4G Touch & Ice Cream Sandwich

Journeyman

Epic 4G Touch & Ice Cream Sandwich

So is the Epic 4G touch going to get Ice Cream Sandwich can anyone at Sprint give a yes or no?

what would the time frame be 1 month or 6 months or 1 year?

The Epic 4G Touch could be my first phone made by Samsung it could be my last to going by the discussion on this forum

On the fence right now 50/50 all the LOS does not sound to good

Also do you think that Sprint might get the next NEXUS Phone the Nexus Prime?

28 REPLIES 28
Journeyman

... yep gotta feel sorry for the original epic owners (also the samsung moment users as well...) I honestly DID NOT KNOW how bad samsung support was, until i purchased there phone (Epic 4G Touch)...

WHAT A LEMON!!!

Its a beautiful phone with lots of potential... but as it stands its a beautiful phone with S_ _ _ firmware!!! Its a Lemon!!!

Ever bought a car from a dealership and the salesman tells you how fast the car goes, how beautiful the paint job is, how wonderful the inside is with custom stereo and leather upholstry, and how loud the exhaust roars?!?! At this point, you LOVE this car, you go ahead and make a 5 year loan and you buy it!!!

Then you take it for a drive home, and you see the engine smoking, and u see your temp gauge maxing out beyond overheating...

You find out there is a re-call on the radiator... The dealer tells you "You'll have to wait a year or two for the manufacturer to design a new radiator.."

SUCH was the case with Samsung... Stop selling Lemons and test your s_ _ _ phones before you put it on shelves!!! No one wants to buy a car with a faulty radiator!!!

Journeyman

Grossepointefarms wrote:

So is the Epic 4G touch going to get Ice Cream Sandwich can anyone at Sprint give a yes or no?

what would the time frame be 1 month or 6 months or 1 year?

The Epic 4G Touch could be my first phone made by Samsung it could be my last to going by the discussion on this forum

On the fence right now 50/50 all the LOS does not sound to good

Also do you think that Sprint might get the next NEXUS Phone the Nexus Prime?

Yes ICS will be rolled out to the entire SGSII line.

And yes, Sprint will get an LTE Galaxy Nexus next year

Journeyman

I honestly don't expect ICS to be out before my 2 year contract with this phone is up. The only gripe I have is that I m paying for the "premium" data and I live in the LA metro area thats supposedly covered by 4G but I get a lousy connection 90% of the time. Right now I pay for the data that I don't even use, and I m stuck on the 3G network. I m hoping that by next year they will deliver those LTE towers as promised.  As far the OS, by the time they come out with ICS they are probably going to market towards a more powerful google phone just so you can get sucked into another contract.

Journeyman

Yea I doubt we'll get it.

Journeyman

@m3jia What're you talking about? Samsung has been saying it will get it for a while. They also just released a statement saying that we will get it in the first quarter of 2012.

Source: http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=8894

Journeyman

Galaxy S2 international devices and S2 US devices are different, and the Sprint device is the only one with wiimax radio.

I don't doubt samsung will have it ready in Q1-Q2, what I doubt is Sprint will load it up with all their crap and release it at a reasonable time.

Journeyman

All you need to do is compare the timing of Samsung releasing gingerbread and how long it took to get to the Epic 4g..

When i bought this phone I knew this was the case and I was Ok with knowing that it proably won't ever get upgraded to the next major release. Hopefully thry prove me wrong.

Journeyman

The original Epic 4G got its update to Froyo and Gingerbread. Granted, it wasn't in a very timely manner, but hey.

Given what we've seen so far, Sprint supports its flagship devices for at least one OS update. The EVO 4G got all the way from eclair to gingerbread, and the Hero got all the way from donut to froyo, which is coming a long way. And the Nexus S 4G got its ICS update...I think The only high-end phone that I don't think will be getting the ICS update is the Photon 4G.

The Epic 4G Touch will definitely be getting ICS. It's just a matter of when. My prediction? April-May of 2012, right as we see Samsung debut the SGSIIII at the Mobile World Conference.

Patron

When in the heck am I going to get this phone updated to ICS?!??!

Journeyman

T-Mobile got ICS 6/12/2012.  I think we all need to call Sprint and complain until they at least announce that they are or are not going to give it to us!

Journeyman

It's coming soon - but rumors are the OTA is already out on XDA (just not announced *as* the OTA :wink)

Journeyman

06/08/12

While AT&T and T-Mobile have rolled out Ice Cream Sandwich to their respective Android 4.0 devices, the Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich release date still remains unknown.

T-Mobile rolled out its Android 4.0 update for the Galaxy S II a few weeks ago and today, AT&T finally made its Galaxy S II Ice Cream Sandwich update available through Samsung Kies.

This means, out of the three major U.S. carriers that host the Samsung Galaxy S II, that owners of Sprint’s Galaxy S II will be the last to get the update, something that might not sit well with customers.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat