cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4G Touch - Phone Crashes when it detects App updates

Highlighted
Journeyman

Epic 4G Touch - Phone Crashes when it detects App updates

Alright so I have been having a reoccurring problem that I haven't heard/read about before. My phone works great except for when there are App updates waiting to be installed from the Play Store. When my phone detects the updates, it goes to a black screen and refuses to turn on until i remove/replace the battery. I had a battery almost explode last year and was given 2 replacements from the Sprint store - this happens with both new batteries. I have tried uninstalling apps which results in the same crashes. It is also fully updated and completely stock. Also, after the reboot I can install the updates like normal.

Any suggestions? I am near the end of my 2 year mark but would like to have my phone not die on me constantly - happened during a phone call too.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Epic 4G Touch - Phone Crashes when it detects App updates

xD87

Thank you for posting your concern with us. I am truly sorry to hear about the issues that you have been having with your phone. You mentioned that you are near the end of your two yr contract. Were you interested in upgrading to a better device? Have you reviewed you upgrade eligibility? To be completely honest with you upgrading to a better device would be the best idea.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat