Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4G Touch Slow Speeds

Highlighted
Journeyman

Epic 4G Touch Slow Speeds

Good Morning,

Ever since I purchased my phone, I've experienced slow 3G speeds.  The 3G speeds on Sprints network are slower than ATT's EDGE network.  The 4G speeds arent even close to ATT's 3G network.  I switched from an iPhone on ATT and have been frustrated the past 7 or so months with my service.  Is there anybody or anything that can help my situation?  I've tried tweaking a few things in the past as well as updating my PRL, Profile, etc. but nothing seems to work.  I'm fed up to the point where I'll probably go back to ATT or Verizon.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have an epic touch and I havn't really had any problems with the 3g speeds being slower than any other device (but sprints service in general is poor on 3g in Allen,tx, and theres no 4g anywhere. Depends on where you are mostly). it's just sprints service unless the epic touch you have has slower 3g than another device on sprint. then you might have a faulty antenna. I'm really looking forward to late may/early june because thats when sprint is improving their 3g speeds and getting 4g LTE in areas such as atlanta, dallas, houston, and other major cities.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Phoenix and have HORRIBLE 3G.  300Kbps is max mostly and many times i will get like 24kbps.   Sprint doesnt even offer 4G in Phoenix and I will never had 4G as the phone is WIMAX.  I thought it was the Sprint network but it wasnt.  My daugher has an IPHONE and she was getting 1-3MB sec when i was getting 300kbps Max right next to her - I was also unabe to even test because I was having "network issues" )using speedtest).  Ping times are over 300ms regularly too.  Once I saw the difference between the phones I brought it to Sprint and they said I had too many apps!  They said they would have to wipe the phone to test.  I did some research and it seems to be a common complaint for this phone.  My speed is slow even with 5 bars.  My signal stregth is usually about -91dBm--101dBm, I have cant find out how to see on the IPHONE.   

I found this link that may help.  I just did it and it doesnt seem to have helped.  I will try it outside of my Apartment tomorrow to see if it helps more, but if not, I will be taking it in for them to wipe and test. 

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-ii-epic-4g-touch/121885-how-increase-sprint-epic-4g...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Conehead, I tried the links you posted a week ago and it still does no justice for my phone.  They just sent me an airave for my home, but that doesnt help my coverage all over the city.  On my speedtest, my ping is 595ms, 146kbps download, and 75kbps upload...ridiculous.  Thats even if I have 5 bars too..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dee,

I am not worried about home as I can get 18MB on my wifi. The link did not help at all for me either.   I just tried it outside of the Sprint building at 48st and Baseline in Phoenix which is categorized as BEST data area. I took 3 tests within 2 mins.  156/262 (5bars), 130/198(5bars), 264/371(4bars).  These were taken outside.  Signal strength was -76 dBm.  Memory used on my phone was 415/836MB and battery was at 79%. I have tried watching videos when eating lunch and I cannot.  Unlimited data when you can use it is not part of the deal in my opinion.  My ex and daughter have the Iphone and do not seem to have these issues and they say its fine. From what I have seen, I would be very happy to get their speeds.  It looks like I will be bringing it in to get wiped but I am not holding my breath.  Also, they do their testing at the Sprint store which has a repeater and its not fair.  Everytime i start this phone it says 4G and I cannot get 4G anywhere in Phoenix and they have not announced any plans for Phoenix even for LTE.  Gonna be a long 2 years or costly to get out of it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea but no. Sorry, my sister has an iphone 4s and she gets the same data speeds as I do on my epic touch... Except I get better speeds in 4g areas. But im only in 4g areas about 10 percent of the day. Either way, sprint speeds have slowed down over the past months.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat