Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4g Problems - Does ICS Solve?

Journeyman

Epic 4g Problems - Does ICS Solve?

Three very big questions about ICS I need your answers on....

1) Will the upgrade to ICS fix my GPS problem?  Currently I have to use GPS Test and have to be out in the open with a clear sky for gps to work, and then it's not consistent.  Nothing like my old Evo....

2) I hate the Vlingo software on the phone.  I miss being able to hit the button on my bluetooth and say "call michele" and it called automatically without any issues, this was with my Evo.  Now the Voice Talk and/or after-market Vlingo are no where near as simple and efficient as what the Evo had.  Really want this to work....

3) Did Sprint remove any funcionality from ICS?  One of the big things that I want on this phone is the ability to click and drag to unlock direclty to messaging, phone, apps, etc.   That was a nice feature my wife had with her Evo 3D that we both want to see with ICS.

Please give me some good news....waiting patiently to get the OTA upgrade....

Thank you all for any help you can provide!  Really wish I can just return this phone for an HTC....

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

To all struggling with or interested in the ICS update to the Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S2:

Please consider reviewing the link below and adding your thoughts on the larger mobile computing/Android industry implications raised by the flawed ICS update.

Thank you.

Re: Failed and COSTLY Ice Cream Sandwich update and Swype fix (Epic 4G Touch Samsung Galaxy S2)

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat