cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4g Touch ICS Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Epic 4g Touch ICS Update

Every major US cellular carrier has rolled out their Galaxy SII ICS update, which leaves Sprint, good old Sprint. Its not enough that the network is absolutely terrible. I mean I'm willing to put up with that but now their telling us to put up with ridiculously long wait times to recieve our already overdue update to our SII. We need some answers already, Give us an expected date, better yet just a month. GIve us something. I know you guys are fed up with this just as much as I am, Lets try to get some answers already.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Epic 4g Touch ICS Update

I unfortunately have to agree. I've been putting up with 3g speeds less than 1 mbps in dallas areas for the last year, 1.5 mbps if I'm lucky. 4g is 1.5 - 3 mbps if Im in a good area. This is terrible. METRO PCS is faster for goodness sake! The speeds have done nothing but slow down ever since they announced their 3g network. The old 2g network might be better.. Not to mention sprint cannot keep their word on anything. They promised lte mid 2012. Its past mid 2012. They also mentioned this update in april saying its not far away. They also delayed the galaxy s3 and delayed the evo 4g lte. Sure the evo delay was not their fault but really? The two biggest phones this year on sprint were not released when they announced. Very unprofessional. I've been on sprint for about 10 years... That will change if the lte doesn't come out in the next two weeks and if it does not get at least 8 mbps...

Journeyman

Its marketing. They're not going to release an update for the gsII before they release the new galaxy s III. They don't want anyone to get the update and decide its good enough that they don't need a new phone. Guaranteed, soon as the new galaxy s III comes out, a new date at least is going to be released about when the sg II is getting ICS.

Journeyman

I have to agree. They will wait till the galaxy s3 is in stores and selling then we will get the update. i pity the people who buy the LTE phones b/c there is no LTE network now. From what i understand it will be a while to.

Wizard

Hmmm, now hold on a minute.  Technically, July 1 is the middle of the year if your dealing in whole months to calculate it or maybe 2 July if you are trying to evenly space out the days in a leap year.  Regardless, Sprint still has a few days to throw the LTE switch before everyone in those first few markets can stand up and scream OMG! where's my LTE?

Besides do you really want Sprint to rush it out the door like T-Mobile did.  There are a ton of complaints that all manner of things are broken and certain apps have to be removed before the update (and of course T-Mobile forgot to mention that).  So be thankful if your Epic 4G Touch works at all and wait patiently while Sprint carefully tests and releases a problem free update "when it's ready". 

Cheers,

Journeyman

Rush an update out the door?  Oh god not Sprint?  Hey Panzer how about when they sent an untested OTA update to the Epic 4g Touch's in January that ruined their network location services and GPS?  Sprint sucks horribly, and this is coming from someone who put up with ATT for 8 years.  Horribly.

Journeyman

Sprint really has been disappointing. I get the slowest "4g" speeds of any of my friends, bad cell phone coverage, and I've had my s2 since Sept and still no ICS.  Jelly bean will come out before I see ICS. Even AT&T, with the worst customer service in history, got ICS already. 

What could possibly be taking so long? So lame.

Journeyman

I jumped onboard with Sprint in December with the expectation that the SGII E4GT would see ICS in a matter of months and for the unlimited data plans... which I find difficult to take advantage of due to the spotty, slow 4G coverage and less-than-impressive 3G coverage in my supposedly supported area. If I don't see some concrete information about an official ICS release (As I am not interested in loading a custom ROM) I'm about ready to eat the ETF and go back to Verizon or give t-mobile a chance. I'm considering no-contract options, too... I have buyer's remorse opting for Sprint in the first place after much research and disdain for limited data plans.

Wizard

Give the $30 / month T-Mobile plan a test drive.  No contract and it supports any t-mobile phone.  100 minutes of talk time, unlimited data (5gb of it 4G) and unlimited text.  It's a good way to test out their service.  No data roaming but voice does roam. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

Amazing that they struggled to get ICS ns4g and now they can't seem to get their act together for gs2e4gt. Using LTE roll out as an excuse, please! I don't care about LTE since they have damn few phones that use it. If it is anything like wimax you may never get it. I had 5 wimax 4g devices waited for service I never got even though I was told it was coming and paid the 10 dollar premium from the beginning. After they announced they were phasing wimax out I paid to get rid of 3 devices why continue to pay extra for subpar 3g.Since they can't seem to deliver ICS or 4g service I am considering paying the premium and moving on after 10 years

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat