Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic Touch 4G on Sero-P

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Epic Touch 4G on Sero-P

i'm currently on a Sero-P plan with a BB tour. i do believe that i'm due for an upgrade.

i was just wondering if the new Epic Touch 4G would still work with my Sero-P plan?

(the small print says "Epic 4G Touch requires activation on one of the Sprint Everything Data plans starting at $69.99 per month plus a required $10 per month Premium Data add-on charge for smartphones")

if i can get the the Epic Touch 4G on Sero-P, would i be able to get the phone at a Sprint store or would i have to call telesales?

Tags (3)
34 REPLIES 34
Sprint Employee

Epic Touch 4G on Sero-P

The Sero plans have changed to accomodate changes in our phone lineup. you will still be required to upgrade through normal channels (online I believe). You may want to review these Frequently asked questions.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Epic Touch 4G on Sero-P

thanks for the link but it was broken for me.

the "More Like This" box on the right hand side was pretty helpful. if i'm right the new changes you speak of mean a SERO-P plan would be $30 + $10 + $10/per month for this Epic 4G Touch or any 4G phone.

Journeyman

Re: Epic Touch 4G on Sero-P

The Sero Premium plan is $40 and + $10 for a 4G phone. I have Sero Premium 500 for $40 plus tax $8 = $48.68 with a 3G phone but would cost $10 extra.

Journeyman

Epic Touch 4G on Sero-P

It should work no problem. Sero-P doesn't have any phone restrictions. STOP calling the $10 fee a 4G fee. It's not for 4G, why can't people understand this? Sprint made a bad PR move by calling it a premium data fee because people are not smart enough to figure out that it is NOT for 4G. Only restriction you have to upgrade at a Corporate Sprint store or online which you might miss out on some wirefly or 3rd party deals but considering how much of a better plan it is that everyone else's it's not that bad of a restriction.

Wizard

Epic Touch 4G on Sero-P

People refer to it as a 4G fee because when Sprint introduced it, it was ONLY applicable to the Epic 4G and the EVO 4G. It wasn't required on any of Sprint's other smartphones. I don't recall how long it stayed that way before it was applied to all smartphones.

Journeyman

If you have a Sero Premium plan you don't pay the $10 data fee unless you're using a 4G phone or device! I use a Samsung Transform which is 3G so I'm exempt from the $10 fee. So the fee is a 4G data fee in my case!

Wizard

Epic Touch 4G on Sero-P

Can someone please explain what the Sero Premium Plan is? We have the everything family plan. Is the Sero better and why do I not see it on the Sprint plans?

Wizard

Epic Touch 4G on Sero-P

Sero hasn't been available in quite a long time. It was replaced by the Employee Referral Program.

Journeyman

Yes, all phones including all the 4G smartphones work on the Sero Premium plans but not on the Sero Standard plans! These plans are legacy plans so they don't exists anymore. Don't know what has replaced them but I upgraded to the Premium Sero from the Sero Standard to be able to use the more modern phones. I think now I pay only $48 for using my 3G Android phone. I have unlimited data, 500 anytime minutes, unlimited calling 5PM and on weekends, unlimited mobile to any mobile, GPS and some TV! The unlimited calling at 5PM was left over from my Sero standard plan but I gained mobile to any mobile unlimited calling and GPS/TV when I upgraded my plan from Sero Standard ($38) to Sero Premium. The catch is that I have to call in to the special employee referal number to upgrade and activate phones. Can't do this in the Sprint Store!

Journeyman

Epic Touch 4G on Sero-P

The Sero plan is the Employee Referral Program. It's not replaced but grandfathered as a legacy program for existing customers!

Journeyman vlu
Journeyman

@JPMalinger, yes you will be able to get E4GT on SERO-P. SERO-P is $40/month. This is the base price. $10 data-premium fee will be added when you get the E4GT. Your total will be $50/month plus applicable taxes. The fine prints are for general consumer plans. SERO-P is not a consumer plan.

If your phone is in "smartphone" category (regardless 3G or 4G) and you want to activiate it, then you will have to pay the $10 data-premium fee. This applies to all consumer plans and SERO-P.

If you're on SERO-P and only paying $40/month, it tells me you have been using the same phone awhile. So lets assume you broke your phone today and you want to activate a smartphone (new or used, 3G or 4G), you will have to pay $10 data-premium fee.

Simply put, the $10 data-premium fee applies to all smartphone activation.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat