cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic Touch 4G too big!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Epic Touch 4G too big!

I like the specs of the Epic Touch 4G ok (though I was hoping for more), but it's too wide. Any plans to offer a high end phone (dual core, wimax, high quality camera, etc) of about 4" in screen size? I was waiting on the Epic Touch 4G, but 4.52" is a deal breaker for me and I'm getting tired of waiting. My Instinct is starting to really drive me crazy. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Epic Touch 4G too big!

Hi,

Thank you for your question. At this time we cannot speculate if we will get a device on the Sprint network with those specs at this time.

You can always check www.sprint.com/newsroom?ECID=SM:BW:20110901:NEWSROOM and www.sprint.com/comingsoon?ECID=SM:BW:20110901:COMINGSOON for more product updates and press release information. I hope this helps.

Thank you for your business,

----George

Journeyman

Epic Touch 4G too big!

Thanks for the quick reply. I've bookmarked those sites and will cross my fingers for one to come out soon.

Journeyman

Re: Epic Touch 4G too big!

In all the forums I've been in no one complains about a 4.5-in display being too big, in fact, most salivate over it. Are you a kid with really small hands ? Because this phone fits great in an adult's hands and feels really good. And it's still small enough to fit in your pant's or jacket's pocket. Also, most smart phones are going bigger with 4.3-in as the low end. Samsung just announced a smartphone with a 5.3-in display !! Microsoft's HTC Titan will be 4.7-in, etc.

As for what sites to watch, with all due respect to the Sprint guy above, the sites he listed are only good AFTER a product is officially announced. If you want to know what's coming down the pipeline you need to read tech blogs like sprintfeed.com or engadget.com among many others.

Journeyman

Epic Touch 4G too big!

No, I'm not a kid with small hands. For me, a 4" screen is the sweet spot, and still .5" bigger than an iPhone. I can't imagine trying to carry a phone around bigger than 4.5", unless you carry it in a purse or something.

Thanks for the info about the sites. I suspected as much. I've actually been to some of the tech blogs (and in fact, have seen comments there from others who also think the screen size is too big). Anyway, I appreciate the reply.

Journeyman

Re: Epic Touch 4G too big!

Honestly its usually thought to be "too big" by ppl who are only "conceptually" thinking about it, viewing it on you tube, or just handle it for a moment, but didn't actually OWN a phone with those dimensions... 

BUT, you give yourself a few moments with a 4.52" Super Amoled Plus Display and trust me, within a short while, you'll compare it to a 3.7 or 4 inch phone and say, "those are wayyyy too small"... It just happens! 

I remember when i FIRST saw the EVO, i thought it was colossal, and it won me over pretty quick even with the "lackluster display".  But i had the Infuse for a few weeks, (I've since returned it waiting for Sprints Epic Touch like the rest of y'all  : ) and even tho there were times i would look at it and say, "hmm, is this just a smidge tooo huge"?  BUT that was always when it was "OFF"... Then, I'd hit the power button, that screen would light up and i'm like "Nope nope nope, its sooooooo not"...   lol

BTC

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat