Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example of horrible battery

Highlighted
Journeyman

Example of horrible battery

Barely used it, slept overnight and look at the battery life

http://i.imgur.com/Z93sG.png

This is just sad for a phone. Very disappointed.

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

Touch the portion at top where battery time is  Sorry for misleading you

Highlighted
Wizard

DefZenMaster wrote:

Are you talking about the Android OS, or another battery monitoring program? My Epic 4G says "Battery Use" and there is no graphic at top to click on - at least none that I can see, other than the individual percentage graphs (Display, Cell Standby, etc.). And what exactly do you mean by "click"?

Um, we're talking about the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.  Not the Epic 4G.  That's probably why you don't see it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I assume you meant the " hrs/mins/secs time since unplugged" bar at top. I still get nothing.

This isn't only with some firmware upgrade is it? I have the froyo version 2.2.1 and it says it is the latest. My Epic 4G is only a few months old. Maybe it is some setting i have enabled/disabled.

Thanks again for the help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for that my friend. I am not only def, but apparently dumb as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

mmark27_ wrote:

DefZenMaster wrote:

Are you talking about the Android OS, or another battery monitoring program? My Epic 4G says "Battery Use" and there is no graphic at top to click on - at least none that I can see, other than the individual percentage graphs (Display, Cell Standby, etc.). And what exactly do you mean by "click"?

Um, we're talking about the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.  Not the Epic 4G.  That's probably why you don't see it.

I think this person is on the wrong forum. "Epic 4G Touch" is the phone this forum is about!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have amazing battery life on my phone...learned that when I forgot to charge it one night(a huge mistake on previous evo) and still had a phone all day the next day!

I use wifi at home and bluetooth plus gps in the car and get very reasonable battery life compared to my EVO 4G.

Do not install those virus protectors or "app killers"! And make sure bluetooth, gps, 4G, and wifi are disabled if you are not using them! Easy to do when you pull down the notification bar.

SC20111018-113206.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

OTHER TIPS:

Besides uninstalling those virus protectors and app killers(gargabe).

-Use a black or Dark desktop background!

This phone has an amazing screen where only the pixels that need light are lit. All other black pixels are completely turned off which results in amazing looking contrast and better battery life!

-Turn off sync(Pictured below)

Use the widget "Power Control" which is built into the phone. Look for it in WIDGETS.

Add it to your desktop and uncheck the "Sync" box. This stops gmail, stocks, weather, plus, facebook, twitter,(if applicable) from constantly updating in the background. HUGE battery saver for days you really need a phone all day and really don't need updates online. (You can always manually check and update these apps individually).

SC20111018-125212.png

Highlighted

gstwoofoo - how do you get the "black" background? I do not find it on the phone. The darkest I could find was a night sky (dark blue) with black grass. Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

mrcminnesota wrote:

gstwoofoo - how do you get the "black" background? I do not find it on the phone. The darkest I could find was a night sky (dark blue) with black grass. Thanks

I think what you are referring to is a moving "live" background, that's also a battery killer just so you know. But you are right, there is no solid black app in the default options either. Simply download a black pic from the net, or possibly even just take a photo covering the lens? And then choose that as a background from the gallery instead of the built in options.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Buy some gunuine Samsung Galaxy s2 epic 4g touch battery at www.thecellguru.com.

It's only $18. Cheapest. I hope this helped

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat