cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FH13 and Battery

Highlighted
Journeyman

FH13 and Battery

Originally, I updated to FF18 by performing a factory data reset which seemed to work pretty well.  Really didn't notice any drop in battery life and things seemed to be as normal.  Several weeks ago, I received the OTA update for FH13 which I applied as I heard it had some tweaks in it to improve battery performance.  However, after applying the update I've found that my battery life has dramatically diminished and I'm sometimes lucky to get a half day out of the battery with normal use.  I've also found that at some point the battery got hot enough to change its dimensions.  There is now a small bulge in the battery which is enough to effect putting the cover back on.  This is very concerning because it means that there is potential for the battery to possibly leak or worse.  Has anyone else seen this problem with the battery after the FH13 update?  I'll try to post some pictures of the battery when I get the chance.

2 REPLIES 2
Sprint Employee

Re: FH13 and Battery

Hello JTMax, Our test phones don't seem to have any swollen batteries. I believe that ICS, at least in my experience does seem to use a bit more power, you may want to have your phone/battery checked in a service center, they may be able to replace the battery for you. I'm also told that these batteries should be able to function safely at up to 60° C.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Re: FH13 and Battery

RC1024 wrote:

Hello JTMax, Our test phones don't seem to have any swollen batteries. I believe that ICS, at least in my experience does seem to use a bit more power, you may want to have your phone/battery checked in a service center, they may be able to replace the battery for you. I'm also told that these batteries should be able to function safely at up to 60° C.

I'll definitely be taking the phone to the store.  I don't feel safe with it in its current condition (Much less the horrible battery life)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat