cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Navigation not "3D" Perspective View

Highlighted
Journeyman

GPS Navigation not "3D" Perspective View

On all other Android devices I've tried with Google Navigation the view has always been "3D" where the point of view is behind the blue arrow facing the direction you are driving. (Sorry for lack of better explanation)

But on my new GSII the navigation always has displayed  a straight down "2D"(see pic) view with the top of the map always being north. (Basically just like looking down at a map)

The 3D view was extremely helpful at seeing further ahead and just easier to understand. I looked through all the settings and have not figured out how to get back the 3D perspective! Anyone know what's going on? Is the 3D view disabled on all GSIIs? Thanks guys.

SC20111018-111659.png

PS this is from a building so the arrow is not facing the right way. but the straight down perpective stays the same even when using turn by turn nav in the car.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Click that little red/white arrow in the top left corner.

Journeyman

mmark27_ wrote:

Click that little red/white arrow in the top left corner.

OMG that worked! So easy!! Thank you so much.

Such a long explanation for such a short answer. Must have clicked it by accident when i first purchased this and I swear I looked up and down on google for an answer but was probably just using the wrong keywords or something. Anyways, thanks!

Highlighted
Wizard

yeah, I've hit that a few times putting the phone into and out of a car dock....I'll admit, I was a bit confused at first too.  I just started clicking stuff figuring something had to do it.  I think its a nice and easy way to change that aspect ratio.  Sometimes I prefer to see where I am in relation to what it actually looks like on a map.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat