cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GS2 signal issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

GS2 signal issues

Am I the only Sprint Galaxy S2 owner who is having signal issues?  I am also having issues of my phone freezing up or screen going blank.  I have looked up foums in the web and found numerous sites.  However, when I contacted Sprint Customer Service. they said they were not aware of any known issues.  What a bunch of BS!!!!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: GS2 signal issues

Hello.  Sorry to hear about the trouble with your Samsung Galaxy S II.  Based on the symptoms you are describing, we recommend taking your phone to the nearest Sprint Service & Repair Center.  Click the "Find a Store" link at the top of this page and search for "Repair centers near me."  With the recent updates to the GSII, we seen some reports about these updates not completing properly.  They can also perform an RF (Radio Frequency) test for problems with your signal. 

Thanks so much for using Sprint.com Communities,

Tom Deaver

Sprint Tech ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Journeyman

Been there and done that also. Took my phone to Sprint repair center last week. They reset my phone, re-flashed the software, reset phone again and guess what.....nothing! Still signal issues. And to think that Sprint has no idea about these issues.....that is totally false! They know but do not want to take responsibility and come up with a better resolution.

Journeyman

Try getting an app like OpenSignalMaps and see if it can help you determine what's going on.  In some cases I found there was actually a tower issue (we're undergoing NV in the area) and in others I found simply changing the way I hold the phone helped.  When all else fails you may want to try a different modem on the phone.  XDA has the full range of modems that have been released available for download.

Journeyman

You are not alone. I am so sad. I loved this phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat