cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy 2 keeps changing time zones

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy 2 keeps changing time zones

I noticed yesterday (03/04) that the time on my phone was an hour behind.  When I went into "settings" it had changed to the Central time zone.  My husband's phone is doing the same thing.  Right now I have de-selected the network time option and have manually set the time zone.  Anyone else having this problem? 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

mp4evr-

Good afternoon and thanks so much for the post! This sounds like it could be troublesome, my apologies! I can definitely take a look into seeing if this maybe network related. Can you possibly provide me with your zipcode and cross streets? Also, have you by chance taken note if this is occurring in one specific location?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi SuperWilliamD,

thanks for replying back. My zipcode is 30019 and the nearest cross streets are Dacula and Old Auburn.  This has been happening around my home. Since Monday morning.  Also, it just happened again as well.  So no I have unchecked the automatic network options in my settings.  My husband's phone is doing the same thing.  He has the same phone.  I suspect it is network related.  Thanks for your help!

mp4evr

Highlighted

mp4evr-

Thank you for the response! I checked out the area and I'm not seeing anything that would be causing the issue. Have you recently updated your devices firmware version? If so, that could very well be the culprit.

Let me know-

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

The same thing started happening to me as well and I am in the same area (30019).  My phone is Virgin Mobile Galaxy S II which i believe runs on the Sprint network.  It does not happen when i leave the area but immediately happens when i return.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think there was a recent firmware upgrade and I am suspecting that is the problem as well.  Is there a fix, or do I just leave it alone for now?

Highlighted

testtryvm-

Thank you for the reply! I checked out your zip and I'm not seeing a problem. Try refreshing your data profile and PRL. If that doesn't help, please provide me with your cross streets, and I'll investigate the cellsite in your area a bit more closely.

mp4evr-

I appreciate the response from you as well! I would suggest updating your Profile and PRL first. If that doesn't seem to help, the next step would be to backup all of your data and perform a factory data reset. Just so you're fully aware, a factory data reset will wipe your handsets data completely. However Android=Awesomeness! Most of your data is more than likely already backed up to GMail. I would double check by logging into your gmail account from a computer and also, its probably best to save your computer to your PC. Another alternative (which I absolutely love) is Google Drive. It's an App available via the Android market and should be able to save an assortment of important files.

Let me know how you make out!

Regards,

William

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine is doing the same thing. Automatic discovers the wrong time zone and when I manually set it it reverts back. Please fix this issue...

Highlighted
Patron
Patron

my s2 and my wife's s2 have been doing this since around 10-march, when we switched to daylight savings - maybe that's just when I noticed it because alarm went off that sunday AM an hour late.  actually the alarm went off right on time, but the phone was telling the alarm the wrong time.  sorry to the alarm; not your fault.  updating PRL, profile and reset do not solve this.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat