cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy II menu settings window pops up and down all the time!

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy II menu settings window pops up and down all the time!

Thank you Very much for this information. I plan on printing out the needed fix and taking it to the repair facility...Eventually. Unfortunately the closest repair place is about half and hour away. While this isn't necessarily a long trip, between the drive and the wait time to have it repaired, it isn't actually convient either. I do plan on contacting the facility prior to my going there to make sure that this can be taken care of when I do go.

I noticed that you had posted an article by xdadevelopers in regards to this potential problem that is dated March of last year. While I wouldn't be inclined to try and fix my phone on my own, I'm a little curious as to why, if what is stated in "The Problem" portion of the article is indeed part of/could be/or could have been, an issue, why phones were not checked before sending them to new customers? It seems to me that if they either tested the chips, or replaced the troublesome hardware/part, beforehand they would save themselves a lot of headaches. I understand that this wouldn't help customers that received their phones before Sprint realized this was an issue, and that there are people that are not having this problem at all, but the article that you had posted is a year old so they have been quite aware, for some time, that something was wrong and it seems to me that they would have put preventive measures in place to check the devices so that newer customers were not effected. Or, as I stated in my last post, at least let customers know that this has been a problem in some phones (and what would have to be done to correct it) and should they be affected to contact them and arrangements would be made to address the issue.

I worked as a parts manager in a car dealership for many years and we had our fair share of recalls and weird things that would pop up with new cars but once we would determine that there was, or could be, a problem with a customers vehicle we would personally notify them, or a recall note would be sent by the corporation, letting them know that it's possible they could experience an issue and a fix was either in the works, or had been determined, and to contact us if needed. While recalls on cars are required to be sent out if it is found that they have, or could have, a defect, it was the idea that the customers were made aware of a situation and something was being done to try and fix it. I would think that if places, such as Sprint, did the same thing, or something similar, that their relationship with their customers would be better. Everyone is aware that electronics can have quirks but when a company takes hold of the problem right from the start and makes it's customers aware of it then, I believe, people are a lot more patient and understanding.

These forum boards and discussions work wonderfully at times and are great to have but maybe what Sprint needs (if there isn't already one that I am unaware of) to do is also have a specific tab at the top of each phone type that lists the problems that they have come across and how the person needs to address it. I wouldn't leave them open for discussion and understandably a person may have more than one issue, but it would give a person a reference point to start with before complete aggravation sets in and frustrated posts start. In my quest to determine the problem with my phone I did come across directions that could have applied to it but, again, I had to search both the Internet and the site to try and pin point it and, the 'fix' that I did find did not address the hardware issue at all. It only had me doing factory resets which, may in some cases fix it, but, it would be great to just have these things listed right under the make and model of the the phone so that people could see these types of things all in one place and say: 'hey, this appears to be what I'm experiencing and I might need to have a part replaced. Let me look into this a little more" or "Wow, I just had something turned off on my phone that wasn't allowing 'whatever' to take place". And I wouldn't say that a person shouldn't contact Technical Service but I do think that it would make things a little easier for the customer to be able to look under one spot, see something that relates to what is taking place and then call TS and say "my phone is doing some/many/all the things that are referenced in bulletin one". At least it would be a jumping off point for both parties. Understandably I am sure it can be just as frustrating for TS as it is for a customer when one is trying to narrow down what is going on. There's no doubt that, at some point, we are going to experience some type of issue but from a customers point of view, it would be easier if there was a more direct way, or spot, to try and research these before having to post complaints or problems.

Thank you again for the information you supplied. Hopefully this will take care of the situation.  

Journeyman

I took my phone into a Sprint sales and repair center.  I got the usual argument about needing a repair plan, replacement plan, insurance, or some other means to pay Sprint $50 for an expensive phone that never worked.  I explain that it has already been to Samsung for repairs three times.  The service tech reluctantly replaced the screen with what he claimed was a "salvalge screen."  It fixed the erratic buttons, high temps and extremely rapid battery drain on 3G, and GPS works for the first time ever.  Randomly entering roaming is still a problem.  It still sometimes reboots on heavy 3G data.

I won't be renewing my contract with Sprint.  They chose these Samsung duds to be their phones, they locked me into a long contract, and then they offered as much resistance as possible to me having a working phone.  It makes me want to give Sprint as little business as possible.

Journeyman

tsiciliano,

The xdadevelopers forum post I referenced was for a different model Samsung phone.  As it is, it took many months between Sprint and Samsung troubleshooting this issue, and the fix we finally have is the closest thing to a recall we will likely ever see for a cell phone.

Journeyman

All I can say is give up. I have the same problem, and many more, with mine. Sprints a joke. I've never had more problems with a device or customer service. You wouild expect much more from an investment in a phone like this. That being said its not the phone itself. I purchesed this phone because several people I know have them and love them. However they are not on the sprint network.  Only advice I can give is cut your loses and move to a different carrier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is exactly what I did. I dumped that S2 last Thanksgiving because of all the problems I had with the thing ever since it was upgraded to ICS. I lateralled over to a Motorola Photon 4G to get me to the end of my contract. This Photon has worked so much better than that S2 on Sprints network until just recently. Over the past few weeks I have been having one heck of a time staying connected due to tower upgrades that will not be done with until next month. My contract can not end quick enough! Once it is over I am dumping these Android phones with their lame upgrades and getting me an Iphone 5 on Verizons network.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat