cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S II, OS 4.0.4, bluetooth, email

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S II, OS 4.0.4, bluetooth, email

Updated to 4.0.4 earlier this week and ever since then my bluetooh and email crap out on me. My email won't even sync messages and my bluetooth isn't discoverable. My performance went down the tubes too, opening facebook takes forever. Any ideas what's going on? I'm heading to the Sprint store this weekend - this is crazy!

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S II, OS 4.0.4, bluetooth, email

I'm having the same issues...this is no good!  My bluetooth now connects in my car (2008 Audi A6), but only shows numbers, no longer can I see the caller ID names, call history, etc.  My exchange email won't let me change the notification tone and now the alert is some dumb sounding bike bell and I can no longer see any sub-folders created in my inbox now.

What a pain!!!

I've also noticed my coverage is very weak and battery life is greatly shortened...Anyone else having these issues?!?!?!

Journeyman

Same problems with me since upgrading: not connecting with my bluetooth (despite finding and pairing with the device), shortened battery life (cannot even get through the day without having to recharge), and poor reception (cannot even get good enogh reception inside my house now--I have to go outside to make/receive calls or even send text messages).

I am frustrated and want to roll back the OS, but a Samsung customer service rep said that was not possible. She also said that since the firmware upgrade was just rolled out, they are not aware of any problems and therefore have no patches, yet.

Ugh!

Journeyman

Battery life is the biggest difference noted.  Going from 2days to recharge to 1/2 a day.  I have turned everything off and the drain is still rapid.

Journeyman

Wow. This really sucks. I was hoping someone had a fix...and it sounds like the Sprint store is a waste of time. Since when did Android start taking queues from Microsoft and deploy buggy OS's!

Journeyman

Same problem here regarding the bluetooth connection.  Was working fine prior to the upgrade I received yesterday.  My phone can no longer be detected to work with the bluetooth in my vehicle even though it is paired.  If anyone hears of a fix, PLEASE post it!

Journeyman

A customer service rep at Samsung told me to try a factory reset of my phone and it may help with the problems I was having.  I ended up doing it (HOURS of work to restore everything/download apps again) and it helped with 2 of my problems: my battery does not drain as quickly (I can actually get through the day without having to recharge it, although it still doesn't last as long as before the update) and the reception has improved (I can now use my phone in my house).  However, the bluetooth is still not working...pairs but doesn't connect.  Hope this helps!

Journeyman

Sorry but the update is junk. I would just like one sprint rep to come on here and admit they are having problems too. There is no fix for your bluetooth that I am aware of except to roll back to GB. I did and now I can use my phone with my car bluetooth. I couldn't with ICS because it would alway say it was paired with my wife's car even if it was two towns over. You can go to the forums on androidcentral to get the instructions on going back to gingerbread. The only problem is that you have to keep clearing the update notification. Supposedly there is a fotakill.apk that will stop it but I'm not sure how reliable that info is (it may be old). At least my phone will fucntion for a couple more months while I save up money to pay my etf and go back to verizon. Best of luck to everyone - this is just a bad situation.

Journeyman

The update just came through this morning for me on my Samsug Epic 4g touch and I've noticed that my Yahoo Email (standard email app) does not view in view pane. Does anyone know what's going on with that?

It does seem so far that things are moving a bit slower witht the phone, but I think I have to play with it a bit longer before coming to a full conclusion.

Journeyman

I am having issues with my bluetooth as well and my headset is a Samsung.  Before the update, my headset automatically connected to the phone, now I have to to into settings - select bluetooth and then select the headset.  In my car, if I want to use the built in bluetooth, I have to unpair - then re-pair for the phone to "see" the car's bluetooth.  Very frustrating and extremely annoying!  I anyone finds out how to fix this, please post.

Journeyman

I just spoke to Samsung - they got my bluetooth issue completely resolved - but I was not very happy with how you have to fix this!   Apparently - whenever they do an OS update, you have to reset your phone (wipe out all your saved stuff; lose all your settings; apps that you downloaded etc. and basically roll your phone back to original factory settings.  EVERYTHING you have on the phone is lost - the only thing you can save are your contacts and pictures (to SD card).  Any apps you have purchased have to be redownloaded; your contacts have to be transferred back to the phone from SD card,  All your text messages are gone - your phone is like the day you took it from the box!

Apparently this step MUST be done ANY TIME you have an OS Update from Samsung -otherwise you will have problems and issues with the new OS.  (Am I the only one that was not aware of this critical step? - and why didn't Sprint mention this??)

I was on the phone with Sprint for over 30 minutes - transferred to 3 different people and the last person (who was a supervisor) told me (regarding the initial problem)  that this issue with bluetooth is "just the way Samsung changed things and I basically have to live with it".  When I told her that her answer was unacceptable, she said the only thing she could do is elevate the problem to upper mgmt, who would call me back in 24-48 hrs.  Meanwhile, I called Samsung and the first thing they asked - "did I reset the phone to factory" and erase everything I had on the phone.  As painful as it was to do this - I did follow their instructions and BT is again working properly on both my headset and my car. 

No I have the painful task of reinstalling all my apps; setting up my phone the way I had it before etc.  What a royal PIA!   Did anyone else know that you had to do a complete reset after a OS update? 

Journeyman

I was told the same thing by Samsung AFTER I upgraded the OS (I was not aware of this).  I was also told by a Samsung rep that it MAY resolve the problems that I was having.  After doing a full factory reset (HUGE pain to do) I found that my battery life increased only slightly and my reception was slightly improved.  However, it did not resolve my bluetooth problem (pairing or "seeing" my bluetooth but not actually connecting to it).  I still prefer the original OS without the problems....

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat