Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S II-Shutting off

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S II-Shutting off

My phone if not charging will just shut off. Could have 98% battery and will just shut off and will not turn back on unless I have charged. I have only had this fun for a little over a year. Any suggestions? Ready to pay the fee to cancel phone. Why pay for a phone I can't use. So not happy!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

Melanie80joy,

Sorry to hear about this; I know that it is very frustrating. It may be the phone itself or just the battery. My best recommendation is to visit a Sprint repair location to find out what is causing this. You may find a location here: www.Sprint.com/storelocator.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also had this happen, accompanied by phone getting really hot.  Found out it was a software problem and had to have it upgraded.  Now my only issue is with the upgrade, my ringer mysteriously shuts itself off. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Parkerclvs123,

Thanks for posting. I was going to mention the software upgrade but figured it would be difficult with the phone randomly shutting down. Here is the link: Support - Sprint Cell Phones SPH-D710 | Samsung Cell Phones.

I haven't heard of this issue with the ringer. Is it possible that the volume key is accidentally being pushed?

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having this issue now, the battery is fine, I put it in my boyfriends phone to see if that is what it was, but his phone worked just fine with my battery. I have searched for an update and it says that my system is up to date. I haven't downloaded any new apps since this started, I cleared all the app caches and stopped everything running in the background like the tutorial says to do, and still am having the issue. I have even went as far as deleting all of my apps in the event that it was is being caused from an update from an app. Nada... My cell phone is currently only as good as a landline. HELP!

Highlighted
Wizard

our_phones12,

I'm sorry to see that you're having a similar issue. Your software version should be Android 4.1.2. This latest update isn't over the air so the in-phone update option won't do it. The update must be downloaded from the Samsung link I provided above. If you are up to date and still experiencing this issue I recommend visiting a local Sprint Repair center.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat