cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S2 4G never works

Highlighted
Patron

Galaxy S2 4G never works

Hey don't know if anyone else has this issue but when I bought my S2 the 4G worked it was just spotty, but over time the 4G would just go dormant, meaning the 4G icon would get z's and my data wouldn't work. If I turn the 4G off and just use the 3G the web works fine but only at 3G speeds obviously, this is really annoying because I am paying for 4G and everything but I can only get 3G to work, I still have gingerbread and haven't been able to/haven't gotten the update for ICS. Please help anyone!

21 REPLIES 21
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S2 4G never works

My 4G doesn't work either.  Not at all.  Zip.  My kids have EVO's and they get good strong 4G in and around our location as well as a recent trip to another city.  Meanwhile standing right next to them I get nothing.

Took phone to store and they determined it was bad, ordered me a replacement.  Still waiting on the replacement.

Wizard

A-han-343,

I apologize to hear about the lack of service in your area. Can you provide me with the city, state and zip of where you are having this issue as well as the intersection/cross street nearest you?

Markie_B

Patron

It is really frustrating. Did they let you keep your current one while they are getting the replacement in?

Patron

I am in Denver Colorado, however wherever I am in Colorado or even just the Denver metro area the 4G still doesn't work.

Patron

Hey dropped into a sprint store and it seems like they fixed my issue, I just got back from the store so i will know if this fixed it more acurately with time. But they dialed ##SCRTN# then enter your MSL code (I got it from the sprint rep) your phone will restart a few times but seems to have done the job for my phone.

Journeyman

Yes they let me keep the phone until the replacement arrives.  I don't know if they tried that SCRTN fix on my phone or not.  I can only assume they did, since they ordered a replacement.  But I have no idea how well Sprint shares these kinds of fixes with each other.  Maybe your store is the only one that knows how to do it

I would try it myself, but I don't know my MSL code.

Sprint Employee

Hello A-han-343, SCRTN simply erases your programming information , the same settings that are overwritten when you update profile. it is not common for a phone to not be able to overwrite these settings. It is difficult to say if it was as a direct result or incidentally fixed the problem without knowing if they were following our standard troubleshooting practices. 

No longer working Community Response.
Patron

The problem at least for me was that I constantly did a profile update, at times I would do it once a day and it never gave me any results. The only thing that did work was the SCRTN. I bought my phone when they first came out and had the issue from day one, this is the first time I have seen my phone stay on 4G for an extended period of time.

Sprint Employee

Updating the profile just once for each profile change on our side will suffice. Our typical troubleshooting procedure would account for your phone not being able to overwrite the profile. although it rarely comes down to this as the ultimate fix, it's important for the tech support reps, and store techs to complete all applicable troubleshooting, instead of jumping to this as a first step, especially not before determining if other factors may be affecting you, like 4G availability, Etc.. I am glad that they got you back up & running.

No longer working Community Response.
Patron

*Update, I still have the issues I am experiancing. My phone updated to the new Android software (version 4.0.4) I do a prfile and prl update at least two to three times a week and still the same issues.

Journeyman

Me too! I can't even get 4G to come on anymore like I used to before. And yes, I do live close to downtown Houston, Texas where they are claiming to have 4G LTE (even though our phones don't have LTE). Don't even get me started about the 3G because it simply is not tolerable. I can't even use the phone to do nothing but call and text. If I have to do anything that requires data, I have to rely on my wifi at home and work. What a shame! And I am paying the extra $10 for what now?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat