Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S2 Nightmare

Journeyman

Galaxy S2 Nightmare

Bought the phone back in October, wife and I both. Her's is the white version and works perfectly fine! Here's my nightmare. November 2012, Menu button issue, wouldn't do anything about it but master reset. DIDN'T WORK! Phone got hacked, I found phone numbers in the phone book that I didn't put there! While the tech was looking at it the menu button kept popping up and the store issued me a brand new phone to replace it with.

Now for the new nightmares. Power button won't wake phone, sometimes once a week, sometimes 3-4 times a week, up to 3-4 times a day! I have to take the phone apart (otterbox case) and remove the battery and restart the phone from scratch. Took the phone to the Pasadena Tx store and all they did was a master reset, sadly it didn't work (which I informed them that it wouldn't, but what do I know I only own the phone.)

Battery drain issue. New update supposedly fixes the battery issues.....not so! Took my phone off of the charger at 6:30 this morning 3/3/13 and it is now dead as a brick at 4:50 PM. Tell me why I am forced to pay for bad service, bad customer service and a piece of junk phone that Sprint and Samsung know is junk?????

Network issues...Half the time I get dropped calls right after making them, part of the time they won't go through at all. And as far as internet? I mainly have to use it on WIFI because the phone just sits there like a brick and lets the little circle go round & round.....

I am sick of fighting with this phone. Was recently out of town and had NO signal from Kingsville down to Harlingen Tx. Tell me why when the maps show signal down in that area.

This is now 6 months into our contract and I am ready to throw this phone in the trash and go back to T-mobile for mine, and let my wife keep hers since she is not having these issues.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Also took my phone to the local store in Donna, Tx and was told after they looked at it, that there was nothing wrong with the phone. Nothing wrong with the software, nothing wrong with the battery. No there's nothing wrong with the software, because it just downloaded the new update, it's still acting up.

So if there's nothing wrong with the software, and the battery is ok then it has to be the hardware whih means the phone is Junk.

I was told that my only option was for an upgrade but since we are only 6 months into the contract that's out of the question. I am not going to be forced to deal with thei worthless phone for another 18 months.

So my options are at this point. 1) deal with it and try to resist the temptation to take a sledgehammer to it and take it back to the store and say it's broken.

2) Buy another phone at full price and "hope" to not have any other issues for 18 months.

3) Have my wife drop this phone off the contract and go to someone else.

Journeyman

Wow, more than two weeks & over 250 views and nothing from anyone at Sprint? Could it be that everything I have put up is not going to be taken care of anytime soon by Sprint?

Speaks volumes of how much they are willing to do for their customers, versus what they'll do for the almighty dollar.

Thanks for noting Sprint, no help, no decent tech support, and a crappy phone to boot.

Wizard

Liljrotc,

Sorry for the delay in response. I am not sure why your post has yet to be answered. When the phone was replaced are you 100% sure that it was brand new? Have you tried contacting the manufacturer directly? These devices are under a one year warranty from Samsung. I can look into your network issues for you. Please provide your zip and cross streets so I can have a look at the local network area. With this info I can get started.

Sean L

Social Care

Journeyman

I have not gone to Samsung but I'm sure they already have enough people calling them over the S2's. I recently did a reset hoping that would cure something, anything. But to no avail it did absolutely nothing. I was told to take my phone to a store and I would be able to get a refurbished phone as a replacement. Not so, I was told after driving almost 25 miles that I need to go to a repair center. Closest repair center 15 miles in another direction. I have also found out that YOU the retailer are now end of lifting this phone, but yet continue to sell it.

After all of this I am just tired of jumping through hoops and getting the run around everytime I time I either go into a store or talking to customer service. The phone is faulty. My first one was hacked within 30 days of initiating service with you, it was replaced with a brand new phone (watched them open the box.) now this one has the menu issue, and cannotngetnthe phone to come up when pushing the power button. This happens sometimes once a week sometimes every other week , sometimes three times a week, sometimes three to four times a day. I have to take the battery out and start with a fresh power up.

Journeyman

The zip is 77535. Your map shows service out here, but I have nothing from cr 427 to cr 470 which is about 5 miles.

Journeyman

My S2 was working flawlessly for almost a year and a half, I loved it.  I've had nothing but problems with battery drain and extemely slow or no charging (even complete drain while charging.) since the software upgrade just before the Jelly Bean upgrade.  After trying 3rd party battery apps, cleaning the contacts on the battery and USB charging port, I took it to thje Sprint store today.  The tech claimed it is a known issue and offered a free Motorola Photon or a $50 swap for another S2, which is on backorder due to the problem.  His theory is that the software installs better in the factory.  My theory is that the software is incompatible with certain internal chip sets used at the time the phone was manufactured.  Either way, it's a software related problem.

Journeyman

My Galaxy S2 is now virtually impossible to charge. It is so sensitive to any kind of movement I can not charge it at all in the car anymore. I have to rig up a way to get it to charge at home on the counter, and even then the phone will often cycle between charging and not charging.

I got my first GS2 on this plan in March 2012. This is my third GS3 in that time, so after I send this one in I will be on my 4th phone in a little over a year. This is pathetic and uncacceptable. The company they use to replace the phones is garbage and they send you back refurbished pieces of crap. I got my current phone in January and by early March it was already acting up. I am so disgusted with both the quality of the GS2 and Sprints coverage and service in general that I think I am going to try and be let out of my contract. I know my chances are probably slim but I seriously cannot wait until I am no longer a Sprint subscriber. Abasolutey terrible mobile phone company.

Journeyman

BNBALDWIN53 wrote:

My S2 was working flawlessly for almost a year and a half, I loved it.  I've had nothing but problems with battery drain and extemely slow or no charging (even complete drain while charging.) since the software upgrade just before the Jelly Bean upgrade.  After trying 3rd party battery apps, cleaning the contacts on the battery and USB charging port, I took it to thje Sprint store today.  The tech claimed it is a known issue and offered a free Motorola Photon or a $50 swap for another S2, which is on backorder due to the problem.  His theory is that the software installs better in the factory.  My theory is that the software is incompatible with certain internal chip sets used at the time the phone was manufactured.  Either way, it's a software related problem.

Tech's theory is flawed and so is yours.  My suggestion is before anything else pull the battery out and try and spin it on a flat surface.  Flat (and proper) batteries will not spin easily - a bulging battery, which has been happening on average 1 year after purchase, will.  In this case they should be able to replace the battery and be done with it.

BTW, JB is hands down better than the mistake ICS was for this phone.  But it is best done with a factory reset immediately before (and after if you really want to ) updating to Jelly Bean.

Journeyman

God-Dammit wrote:

My Galaxy S2 is now virtually impossible to charge. It is so sensitive to any kind of movement I can not charge it at all in the car anymore. I have to rig up a way to get it to charge at home on the counter, and even then the phone will often cycle between charging and not charging.

I got my first GS2 on this plan in March 2012. This is my third GS3 in that time, so after I send this one in I will be on my 4th phone in a little over a year. This is pathetic and uncacceptable. The company they use to replace the phones is garbage and they send you back refurbished pieces of ****. I got my current phone in January and by early March it was already acting up. I am so disgusted with both the quality of the GS2 and Sprints coverage and service in general that I think I am going to try and be let out of my contract. I know my chances are probably slim but I seriously cannot wait until I am no longer a Sprint subscriber. Abasolutey terrible mobile phone company.

Can you elaborate as to what's going on with the phone now?  First phone sounds like the MicroUSB port busted or corroded.  Happy to try and fix your current one before you try and take it back to Sprint.

Journeyman

same thing is happening to me. my phone for some apparent reason will not charge at all or only a little. this is the 2nd phone that i have received from sprint and personally i wish i have upgraded to the iphone 4 instead of this galaxy 2. i have to go back to sprint on tuesday to see why my phone wont keep or get a charge. first upset i have had with a samsung phone since as far back as i can remember.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat