Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S2 Problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S2 Problems

Hello,

So I've had the Galaxy S2 for almost a year and its been having a lot of problems recently. The battery life has been draining like crazy. The phone used to last me all day with the applications I have running (mostly texting, email and internet every so often.) Anyway, now the battery has been having a lot of problems. A few times now I've had above 50% battery, when the screen starts to dim in and out and then the phone shuts off. When I turn it back on, I will have 0% battery left. Just this even, I charged my phone to 100% and every few minutes I checked it, the battery dropped close to 10%. I was around 30% when it randomly shut off again.

Is this a common problem? Is it my battery or is there a software glitch that can be fixed? For everyone with the S2, how long did you battery last you before you replaced it? Should I get a replacement phone from the Sprint store or just request to get a new battery, because these problems are ridiculous and I've been having to take my charger everywhere with me.

Thanks!

54 REPLIES 54
Highlighted

I am so sorry your battery is not holding a charge. I can understand how frustrating it can be to carry a charger everywhere you go just to make sure your phone stays charged.

I would suggest you take your device into a service and repair store and get your device tested and hopefully we will be able to find a resolution for you.

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Phone is doing the same thing! It's so frustrating! I've had mine for about the same amount of time, so I don't think it's the battery!

Highlighted

As Ray stated earlier, you can take your device to one of our repair centers to have our techs look at it, or you can purchase a replacement battery through sprint.com or a third party retailer.

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Hartmann1984 wrote:

My Phone is doing the same thing! It's so frustrating! I've had mine for about the same amount of time, so I don't think it's the battery!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Typical response from Sprint! There is a legitamate problem with putting a new battery in, but sprint will not address it all they want to do is give you a refurbished piece of trash.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a big problem for this phone since Sprint gave the update to ICS,I had 2 phone replacements,1 repair and many many batteries exchanges and the problem keeps getting worst!! and the best of all is that sprint don't care at all,they just want to sweep this under the rug and blame it on the manufacturer,and if you call and complaint the will tried to give you a downgrade unit(like an evo 3d)which has the same problems with the ICS update or offer you to buy out you're contract so you can buy a new phone.On my second line I have the sg2 running android 2.3 and the phone has not a single problem! and to set the record straight and before you tell me Im just complaining I have recorded a video of how my phone will turn off by itself and will not turn back up until you pull the battery out!.I got feed up with the calls and escalations from headquarters trying to fix this,my phone was working fine and I didn't broke it,you broke it with the update and now you want me to pay for a new or take a piece of junk replacement?.Don't worry I will be leaving soon and don't even expect me to pay an ETF!

Highlighted
Master

Buddy of mine just picked one up off Amazon for about $9 with free shipping, same phone.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

i thought it was just me having this problem, but mines doesnt even charge. i had my galaxy 2 since feb and i had to get a replacment phone about 2 months ago and i took my phone to the sprint store and they told me that their techs cant even look at  me device because the screen was cracked and to go through my insurancewhich is pointless to spend 100$ when i want to get the galaxy 3 soon

Highlighted
Journeyman

i thought it was just me having this problem, but mines doesnt even charge. i had my galaxy 2 since feb and i had to get a replacment phone about 2 months ago and i took my phone to the sprint store and they told me that their techs cant even look at  me device because the screen was cracked and to go through my insurancewhich is pointless to spend 100$ when i want to get the galaxy 3 soon

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

I complained enough to get a second battery. I also can't dial at times and I miss a of incoming calls and texts.

Who else is ready to throw their phone against the wall and make a Sprint voodoo doll?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My son just went to a Sprint store here in Ohio yesterday about this very problem - battery and power - readout and management problems, phone randomly rebooting, etc.  A Sprint representative said that the Galaxy S2 problem is caused by a Sprint update, and that they could not look at the phone.  Further they said that there's "nothing" they can do about it.  The only option they said, was for my son to pay a $50.00 deductible and get a replacement phone.  I am not happy with some big corporation telling my 17 year old son, who's a high school student making minimum wage, who clearly doesn't have a ton of money, to cough up more money for a new phone on top of what is paid monthly for Sprint cell services.  It makes me wonder too whether this S2 battery problem is truly intentional, maybe to force people to upgrade to the latest phone.  I hope it's nothing that nefarious, but something stinks.  Bottom line Sprint, if you are going to sell a phone and you say that you support it, then support it.  Embrace it and own it 100%, like you say you do with your customers.  I just researched this problem, and apparently there are thousands of Sprint customers out there with S2 problems. Sprint is definitely not taking ownership of the problem here.  It is really making me consider switching carriers, especially since I live in Columbus, Ohio and just bought an S3 for myself, was told 4GLTE would be available by 2013, it's not here, and yet I am still being forced to pay $10.00 a month...for no LTE service and 3G data.  I look at my friends who have AT&T LTE service here in Columbus, OH with Samsung phones, they are getting 30-50Mbps down, and 5-10Mbps+ up consistently.  Starting to make AT&T look better, honestly.  Seriously Sprint, do you think people are made of money?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat