cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch Time Keeps Changing

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch Time Keeps Changing

Both my wife and I have the Galaxy SII. We love the device but have noticed that the time is changing on its own. Generally we loose an hour on the clock. I have disabled the auto time and auto time zone feature on the phone. We are both running GB27 but had this issue prior to the update. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Wizard

Re: Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch Time Keeps Changing

Tom1069,

Thanks for your post. I apologize that you are experiencing issues with the time on your device and I am happy to assist you further. Most commonly the issues where the time changes on its own is due to issues at the cell site. It's advised that you disable the feature that automatically sets your clock via the network time until the issue at the cell site is resolved. May you please advise  about how long you've been experiencing this issue?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Much thanks for the insight DePaul, disabling that functionality was the first thing I did. I have noticed this issue within the last month or so. Additionally, I am closest to the intersection of SW 264th Street and SW 122nd Ave in Zip 33032 if that helps. Thanks again for your time and prompt response.

Journeyman

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have the opposite issue.  Lately, I've noticed that the time on the lock screen will show the correct time, but the time on the home screen will be inaccurate....sometimes several hours behind. Restarting the phone always resolves the problem, but kind of irritating nonetheless.

Journeyman

dafever1,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand how frustrating this can be. You may want to update the data profile on the phone as well for maintenance.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Tom1069,

Thank you for the info. We just repaired an outage in that area today. Try powercycling for at least 3mins and then update the data profile on your device this will help you connect to the tower again.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Jen R.

Thanks for the reply. From time to time I'll update my PRL and Profile.  I'll try again and see if that makes a difference.

Journeyman

dafever1,

Great to hear. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Jenny, still having the same issue.  My lock screen showed a time of 11:11 a.m., but when I unlocked the phone, the display read 6:45 a.m. When I powered the restarted the phone, it refreshed the time.  Next time it happens, I'll post a screen shot. 

Journeyman

dafever1,

Great, keep me posted.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat