cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Undoing the Sprint id layout?

Highlighted
Journeyman

HELP! Undoing the Sprint id layout?

I had clicked on the Sprint id icon/app to see what it was. When the screen popped up asking to "choose your id" & listed "Current ID pack/My ID" or "samsung", I clicked on my "Current ID pack...". I thought it was going to show me what my current ID pack was, but instead it changed my home screen and everthing I had organized my on screens that I slid left/right.

So I went and found the Sprint id icon again and this time clicked on the "samsung", nothing happened. I am still stuck with the id pack layout I hate!

Also I have chose "manage ID packs" but it tells me that there are no packs installed (which is true, because I have never used this option before). I would like help in getting my homescreens, and all the app icons back to where I had them (similar to the look of when I had purchased the phone). I know that a reset would be an option, but I want that to be my last resort. Can anyone please, please, please help me?!?!?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: HELP! Undoing the Sprint id layout?

The exact same thing happened to me and I am NOT happy about it. Will be watching here and doing more research.

Journeyman

same situation here.  I am not happy.

Journeyman

New Motorola Photon Q here. Did the exact same thing. Between that stupid app and the update I got last Friday I have Serious Issues. You can't disable or delete Sprint ID. That's a very bad thing.

I am having problems with: display, sound, settings and major problems with the keyboards. It makes typing, texting and everything else a chore.

I've had this phone for ONE WEEK... I am not a Happy camper. I want something for the inconvenience, the time spent online I the "Community " and the upcoming trip to the Sprint Store.

Journeyman

Every detail you mention is exactly the way it happened to me, from the "wonder what this thing is", to the "no way I'm gonna use this", to the ultimate " where the hell did everything go?"  Once I saw what it was I backed out immediately. And for me, too, the result has been irreversible.

Sprint, let me add my plea. Please give us a way to return to our original layout.  All of the successful answers I've been able to find involve poking around in the operating system kernel with the punishment for failure being turning your phone into a small dead doorstop.

Journeyman

The simple solution posted at http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/505237#505237 solved my problem.  I am back to my old layout and Sprint ID packages are gone!!!!

PS: Although there's a lot of explanation and history, you don't need to understand it to fix the problem. The key paragraph is about 5 down and starts with "Cut to the..."

Master

For reference in this thread.

The default Samsung TouchWiz layout is in Sprint ID labeled under "samsung". That will get you back to the original stock layout and app launcher style.

Journeyman

I instead keep getting "Unfortunately, Sprint ID has stopped" whenever I turn the phone on or connect to WiFi. The phone freezes for a moment. When I tap the Sprint ID app, nothing happens, just a black screen, then the error message that it stopped. I've never used it before, now it seems to be happening all the time.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat