Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else had problems with this phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone else had problems with this phone!

Ok, I bought this phone with upgrade last year 2012 and a couple of months I had to take it in for phantom menu pop ups, and shutting off. The ordered my another phone 1 replacement. In june 2013 I had to take the phone in with same problems, 2 weeks later due back ordered the replacement phone finally came in and the would be my 2 phone. I left the store and get into my car my mom calls and phone beeps and restarts, so I plugged it in to charge, but it's has a charge of 45 percent. I thought weird but went home, I get home had my daughter start added the things that was lost with the updated software version and phone kept turning off and restarting. I went back to the store a couple of hours later, the thought it was my case, so he took it off and it did the same thing. He told me to take it home and if it does the same thing later bring it back in tomorrow, I did and was in the store for almost 2 hours with them on the phone with sprint customer care, then transferred to tech support, then hung up on, called back waited and finally they told he to reorder another phone. I go home angry because I now have a phone shipped from sprint repair center, that's worse than my other phone and I can't hold a call, check my emails, go online or even text without my phone continually shutting off and restarting. I was told by sprint tech support to go to the corp store about 40 miles away and they will be able to do something. I go the next day and to the corp store and the change my screen to stop the phantom menu popping up and down and tell me the uniontown store order another phone 3rd phone by the way, and unless I wanted to down grade to a htc, there was nothing they can do. I wasted almost 80 miles in gas and can't really use my phone and I'm being charged for a phone that I can't really use. So tell my people is it time to go to a different carrier or do what I was told by a sprint rep, to go to craigslist or ebay to by a samsung 4 or iphone to fix the problem. I can't believe sprint treats their customers that have been with them for over 3 years this way.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes. I've had similar problems. It is the worst phone I've had from Sprint.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Greetings, MsMcClure,

That's a lot of traveling to do just to get a working phone; I'd be mad too. While you could buy a phone out of contract from a 3rd party, doing so is pretty risky.  It would be better to figure out what's going on with what you have instead, I should think. I'm sending you a PM, I'd like to look into this but need a bit more info and I don't want you to post it here.

Thanks,

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the exact problem.  I believe I am on my third replacement phone which is having the same issues 2 days after picking it up.  I'm ready to cancel my contract and go to another carrier.

Highlighted
Community Manager

514Angela,

Just to clarify, since Mrs McClure listed several issues, which of these things is your phone doing?  I may be able to help.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife had a HTC Evo 4g and wanted an upgrade.  We went and purchased a Samsung Galaxy S 2 from Sprint before Christmas of 2011.  Yes we're still under contract, and we're on our FIFTH Galaxy S 2.  We have experienced the exact same problems as have you Ms Mcclure.  Those pesky pop up menus pop up right in front of the text, e-mail or online form screen and make it impossible to continue working on the phone.  Additionally, we often hear a clicking noise when the phone is charging on the counter the clicking corresponds to menus popping up and applications opening at random.

The first 3 Galaxy S2 phones had this problem, and it cost us a week or better of having NO PHONE SERVICE, while waiting for a Reconditioned S2 to be delivered.  Not to mention the drive to the Sprint Store, and the cumulative hours of waiting, and set up time to explain the problem, wait for them to diagnose, and the determine we need a new one.  Picking the phone up also entails quite a wait as the phone requires activation.

But wait, there's more..... When our 3rd phone began experiencing these same problems, a 4th phone was ordered... Another S2.... We were offered a downgrade to an HTC Evo 4g (the same phone we DIDN'T want.  Anyway, I took the 4th phone home and loaded some e-mail accounts, and apps into it and left it charging on the counter... It was dead in the Morning.  I took it back to sprint, they tested the battery (the same battery they gave me less than a month before and told me it was bad.  They said they didn't have any in stock, so if I wanted a working phone (and my wife DID) I'd have to go up the road to the Battery store to buy one myself, which I did at a cost of $38.00.  I specifically asked the technician if there was a problem with the phone.  He told me he plugged it in and it "tested" good.   I took the phone and it's brand new battery home and left it charging on the counter and AGAIN, it was dead in the Morning.  That's right, the Reconditioned phone they had given me two days before came with a bad charging port.

So back I went again, and again I waited in line  to order my FIFTH Samsung Galaxy phone.  I took this one home, and began experiencing the pop-up issues almost immediately.

Needless to say we're very disappointed. in both the phone AND at the lack of Remedy from Sprint.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat