cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! No new features of the ics update 4.0.4

Journeyman

Help! No new features of the ics update 4.0.4

I'm trying to figure out why I don't have any of the new features of the update 4.0.4? On the phone it states the android version is the 4.0.4? Am I missing something? I did take the phone in a month or so ago because I was having problems with the sound quality on a video and I'm not sure if he removed the latest update I had on it or not? I asked the rep and she said he couldn't? But now I'm wondering if he did. I really like the new features and wondering why don't I have them? Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Help! No new features of the ics update 4.0.4

Sorry for the inconvenience. What features are you referring   about ICS update 4.0.4?

Abe

Journeyman

It really depends on what features you are referring to and what specific build you're using.  (There have been 2 official builds of 4.0.4 for this phone.)

Please go Settings->About Phone and see whether it refers to FF18 or FH13 in the baseband.

(Ex. SPH-D710.FH13)

And also please clarify what enhancements you are referring to as only a few changes occurred between versions, mainly plugging battery drains.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the FH13 in the baseband. I just recently did the battery update. The features I'm speaking of are the following:

I'll submit the link that I found on this. http://www.android.com/about/ice-cream-sandwich/

Alot of those I don't have. Camera, phone call reject with a text, home screen, widgets, etc. Is there any reason why I wouldn't?

A lot of them would be nice to have..

Journeyman

Not having those features means something is not right in the installation of the update.  Either you had root access and something/someone removed those features or the update somehow failed and didn't reverse.

In either case you have a couple of options:

1) XDA has the update available - unrooted, just as it came from Sprint - for download.  If you feel comfortable enough flashing this on your own then this might work for you.

2) Take it to a Sprint store and ask them to flash FH13 on there for you.  But back up everything first because they'll probably wipe the apps and data on the phone in the process.

If in doubt, go with #2.

Journeyman

Well how do you flash it yourself? Just wondering if I can do it myself and I have my apps backed up, is that good enough?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat