cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Pictures stuck on download

Highlighted
Journeyman

Help! Pictures stuck on download

Can anyone provide more insight in to why pictures in text messages stay in downloading mode? Also, at times I can't view web pages. This is even on wifi. Today a tech at Sprint had me enter some numbers in my phone and it did a hands free activation. That worked for a hour or so and now it's out again. I'm getting pretty tired of Sprint. I haven't had full use of my phone in a year. Please help!!

9 REPLIES 9
Wizard

Re: Help! Pictures stuck on download

MIZZTAP,

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry about the late response. Are you still experiencing the same issues?

Dania

Social Media Team

Journeyman

Today I'm experiencing the same issue.  A sender sent me 5 pictures and I've received all but one.  The 5th one prompts me to download, but when I try to download I get a message saying that the download failed. 

Wizard

dafever1,

Thanks for the post. Powercycle your device, this re-registers your phone on the network.  Let me know if it helped.

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

Hi Daniadr,

i tried that, but that didn't help.I aslo tried updating my PRL and Profile to see if that made any difference and it didn't either.

Wizard

dafever1,

What device do you have?

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

SPH-D710 

Wizard

dafever1,

Okay let's try this: Go to Messaging->Menu Key->Settings->Auto-retrieve (if selected, unselect or vice versa).  Also Messaging->Menu Key->Settings->Multimedia Message Limit (how many messages/conversation is it set to?

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks for your response Daniadr. I'm sorry I'm just now logging back in. I ended up just switching to the S4. I am assuming its just something with Samsung. I always (even on this new device) get the error message "check your internet connection" but both my wi-fi and date are working perfectly. Its just annoying to always have those errors on the screen.

Wizard

MIZZTAP,

Oh that is interesting. Are you doing anything specific when this comes on?

On the S4 it has Sprint Connection Optimizer which pretty much searches for the best available network, Wifi, 4G, 3G it could be just that.  If you want it off, where you control it yourself manually, just go to Settings->Wi-fi->tap Smart mode->Smart mode (OFF).  Let me know if that helps you.

Dania

Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat