cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Page Scrolling

Highlighted
Journeyman

Home Page Scrolling

With the new update to EL29 why is it that when scrolling on the home page it does just keeps scrolling round and round and does stop at 1 or 5 depending on how many home pages you have.

So is there a way to stop this. Also is there any way to clear the history in the Navigation app.

Thank You.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

The infinite loop with the Homescreens is part of the EL29 update.  It is identical to the feature that ADWLauncher EX is defaulted to which I actually like and have my ADWLauncher EX set to although I'm not sure if there is a setting to turn it off on the stock Touchwiz launcher after the update to EL29.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I wonder if there a way to unlock the home screen scrolling? I bought a couple of the live wallpappers just for this reason, if they take it away form me I want my money back for those live wallpapers.

Highlighted
Wizard

Hello Grossepointefarms, I confirmed what you have already discovered. Samsung did remove the home screen scrolling feature. I suspect this was an oversight on their side, but that drives me crazy as well. As rbasusparky pointed out, you can aways use a replacement launcher like ADW.Launcher (which I use as well). Replacement Launchers allow you to customize your device in much more detail then the TouchWiz launcher provided by Samsung.

As far as your Navigation app goes, have you tried clearing the data. Clearing app data will wipe out all data associated with the app of your chosing. Starting on the home screen tap menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All find the navigation app that your are using (ie Sprint Nav, Google Nab, TeleNav...) and tap Clear data. If the navigation app you are using requires a login then you will need to log-in again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This whole home scrolling has really gotten on my nerves. None of my live wallpapers are any good now. I've read everything from it being a mistake by Samsung to them taking it off on purpose. Does anyone have any rock solid information on this? Surely this is on purpose. My wife's Epic 4g has had this disabled as well. Some people are saying patent issues??

Highlighted
Journeyman

realy upset that the whole home scrolling is not working with the update, samsung should have added a feature to turn this on or off, give us the choice don't just take it away. also my signal 4g and gps has goten better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sammy giveth and sammy taketh

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea, I just found this out. I thought I was going nuts. They did blow it on this because it should be a simple option for the user to choose which way they prefer it. Maybe in a future update perhaps?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat