cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot play youtube video on my phone, only on wifi

Journeyman

Hello,

I have the epic 4G touch. The only problem i have is that it wont let me play youtube video's with the youtube app. I can play it when i am on wifi, but not on the 3 or 4G network. Does anyone has the same probem end how can i solve this issue? Is it the settings i havr to change?

Jan

6 REPLIES
Master

Turn off WI-FI and make sure that you can log into web on your device. Type this URL on the phone web browser http://www.youtube.com/mobile and try YouTube videos. Let me know.

Journeyman

Yes i can play youtube videos now. Why does it not work in the youtube app?

Master

Make sure you have the latest Adobe Flash Player version 11.0. If you don't have the latest version. Go to Market and download Adobe Flash Player version 11.0. Is You Tube app that you downloaded from the Market or it was a default app on your phone. If it was downloaded from Market, delete the app and re-download the app again and watch videos.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

My app came with my phone. i will download the latest flash player and see what happens. Thank you so much for your help,

Jan

Journeyman

It works now fine. Thanks for yor help, i can finally watch youtube on my 4G network. Thanks again,

Jan

Journeyman

it stopped working again. I cannot play youtube videos on my 3 or 4G network again. Only on wifi. i reinstalled the flash player but it did not work. I can also not play youtube videos on the mobile site either. Anyone has any idea why or does someone has the same problem?

Jan