cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I suddenly have ZERO reception at home! HELP!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I suddenly have ZERO reception at home! HELP!

Today, my phone suddenly has no reception anywhere in the 90703 area. Is a tower down or something? Normally I have full bars. Anyone else having the same problem? (It's been like this since the afternoon.)

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Welcome to the club.  I've been like this at home for the past two months out of the 9 months I've had the service!  Everything is mostly on roaming now.  Do you have roaming enabled?  You can enable it from the Settings app, then Wireless and Network, then Roaming.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks. I didn't think to put it on roaming...but still, that's BS! I shouldn't have to. I guess it's the last resort though. I hope the issue is resolved soon & I get my regular service back. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth it to be paying for service I don't receive. Good luck with yours too...

Highlighted

Thanks fo rthe zip code. I have identified a couple of cell site outages in that area. To better determine if the outage is affecting the tower you are using, can I please get an address or cross streets?  Please include the city, state and zip code.

Thanks,

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

norwalk and del amo. cerritos, ca 90703

Highlighted
Journeyman

And I still have no reception today.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue on East Coast all over metro Atlanta. every since ICS been installed I'm always ROAMING at my house 7 past few days I get no reception at all(zip code 30336). While driving around metro atlanta this week have no reception issue more frequently that I ahve to restart phone alot. Are there that many tower issues in Metro Atlanta?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here, I am going to refuse to pay my bill until I can get reception.  I am roaming everywhere I go.  My home, a block from the Sprint Headquarters in Overland Park, KS, Kansas City International Airport, Barry Road, the list goes on and one.  This issue is because of the Ice Crap sandwich update.  I received a software notification for FH13 and I am scared to install it after ICS.

Has anyone installed it and have the many issues (including terrible reception) ICS created gotten better or worse?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I wouldn't say that they have gotten worse with my experience but it has not resolved the network issues either. I still roam a lot (and I am a few miles away from downtown Houston, Texas), 3G is beyond useless (dial-up was much faster back in the day than 3G now), 4G doesn't even want to connect, and I cannot complete a call at times without having to reboot my phone. One time, I tried to make a call and dialed the same number (another Sprint number) 12 times and all it did was hang back up. I had to power down my phone, turn it back on, and then it worked. As far as battery life, I've seen a little improvement but with wifi, it still will constantly scan for a network even though I have it in the settings not to. Oh well, I might bite the bullet and get another phone because this is starting to get annoying. I can live with the slow to turtle-like connections (because I can use my wifi) but when I cannot make a phone call, that is when I have to draw the line. What if it was an emergency and I could not use this very expensive (I paid full retail for this phone) smartphone to make a simple call? I hope that day never comes but if it does, it is not going to be fun and games anymore.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat