cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS AND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

ICS AND WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE!

Ok...I have noticed that many are having similar issues I had after the update and believe me no amount of factory resets, or clearing the cache is going to fix the problem. You have to take your phone to a Sprint repair store so they can finish doing the update. What? Yes that's right "Finish the update" I said! For some odd reason something got lost in the OTA update and the ICS operating system never finalized and that is why everyone is having so many problems. I went through the whole factory resets and everything else imaginable and nothing worked so I took my phone in and this is what they told me. In 15 minutes my phone was operating properly because they did a reinstall of they update which allowed it to finalize, they said that is the only way to fix the issue and a lot of customers had come in to their store for the same issue. Don't take it out on Sprint, this is a Google/Samsung thing!

As a side note...I was also told that in about 8 months there will be another update to Jelly Bean which is awesome news! Whether the S2 will get it or not I have no idea but this is what I was told by the repair guy, I'll probably have a different phone by than anyway. Also if you are trying to use folders on your S2 but can't it's because you have to use Sprint ID to do it. I don't know why it won't allow you to do it on Samsung stock, you would of thought when they made this phone they would of planned ahead but they didn't. So if you want to get fancy, use the Sprint ID and use My ID if you don't want to use all that added stuff that goes with the other ID packs.

Hope this is helpful to everyone!

Message was edited by: Princess666

0 REPLIES 0
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat