Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS Fixes for Multiple Issues?

Highlighted
Journeyman

ICS Fixes for Multiple Issues?

Got the ICS update.  There are some good things but clearly a lot of bad as well!

I Fixed the SWYPE problem, now have two others. 

Does anyone know of a fix yet for the following:

1) Battery Life - I see this is a common issue.  I rarely use 4G, my batteries aren't old and I noticed an immediate difference in battery life.  I put in a new battery the other day and within 40 minutes it was down to 50% with nothing running.  I was in a car the other day and had the phone on as MP3 and the battery ran out faster than car could keep it charged. Tried placing on airplane mode and off again

2) It seems that when the update happened it duplicated all of the media on my phone/SD card.  Yep, double everything except the duplicates are more like ghost images because when you click to view (photo) or play (music) they don't view or play.  Anyone else have this problem?  Anyone know of a fast and easy way to delete the dups without deleting the wrong ones?  I have over 10k peices of media on my SD Card/Phone!  Can you say PITA?

3) Signal is low all they time now.

Any help is appreciated! THX

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated to ICS version 4.04  Build Number FF18 and it runs very smooth in my Epic 4G Touch. I believe you should calibrate your battery because it is not used to work with that new Android OS and thats why it is dranning very fast. Perform a factory reset, and format your SD card and the phone USB storage ,that will give your phone a new fresh start. After the reset try using the phone until battery drains completly, once your phone turns off , charge it all night and by the time you wake up it will be at 100 percent and definitly you will see improvements in the battery and in the phone itself. Mine lasts the whole day , no bugs , no lags, runs smooth like butter. Hope that helps!

Remember back everything up first , copy the original medias from your SD CARD to your PC and format the SD card and paste all the original medias back to the SD card and you will not see any ghost images anymore.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat