cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS UPDATE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: ICS UPDATE

Well RC1024 Silent treatment or not im taking my business elsewhere. Its amazing how slow this company operates but you still expect us to make our payments on time. Good luck sprint

E

Highlighted
Journeyman

What bums me out is that while tech/retail/social media may not know what's going on, someone over there has to. And at this rate - with how long the update is taking, with all the missed deadlines, and the huge NEGATIVE reaction Sprint is getting online - SOMEONE from that 'inner circle' needs to come out and tell us what's going on.

Is there a kink in the bug testing phase? Is the work being shifted to Jelly Bean? Are we just being cast aside because of the GS3?

We deserve solid answers, and while you folks in tech support may not have the answers for us, the people who have the answers need to fess up. Simple public relations.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024, I appreciate the sentiment, but you are not who we're upset with (well, at least I'm not). You are not the issue. The fact that you do not have it is a part of it. Those with the information need to disseminate it to the rest of us -- if it's through you, fine. If not, fine. The silent treatment is not referring to you, but your boss's boss's boss.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alright...now it's just embarrassing. http://www.slashgear.com/att-samsung-galaxy-note-premium-suite-software-upgrade-hands-on-09237587/

AT&T has their second Galaxy ICS upgrade, the Galaxy Note. I find it every hard to believe that the fault lies with Samsung when the other GS2s and now the Note already have ICS. Maybe the rumor is true -- Sprint is holding of on the ICS update to try to sell more of another phone. Maybe that's why they haven't said anything -- the truth would result in a riot, and they simply don't want to lie and blame it on technical issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's another one being updated by AT&T:

http://www.androidcentral.com/ics-update-available-att-galaxy-note-and-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket-today

So that's 3 out of their 5 devices on ICS already!

Frustrating that Sprint only has the GS2 left and can't even get it out after months of leaks

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755

Journeyman

Cross your fingers, but it looks like the wait might be over this week....

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprints-samsung-epic-4g-touch-appears-poised-ice-cream-sandwich-week

Highlighted
Journeyman

That looks like a formal memo - and we ought to see an official blog/newsroom update in the next 48 hours if that confirms.  It makes sense as XDA has been provided changelogs in a similar format and it has been known that development wrapped up some time ago.

More importantly we'll hopefully see source drop soon and verify whether they patched the eMMC lockup or not.  As being involved in this matter for a while I hope it will be - but still don't try wiping or doing factory resets from ICS until proven safe.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ive been reading that it will be releasing 07/12/12 i hope that is a real time release cause we have all been waiting for to long to be still on gingerbread sad that sprint was the last company to update this phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a rooted Epic 4g touch and have had Mijjz ICS Rom running since leak first dropped. For the past 2 months it has been big free. Sprint just wants us to buy Evo Lte and GS3 that's why like most predicted they would drop official release a month or so after those phones have released.

Highlighted
Journeyman

oh yeah i had mine rooted to and works great and i do agree other than the horrible service i have in my area the phone is great hope one day sprint will get better and not have us wait on their new glory phone to sell and keep the rest of us at bay.... tho jelly bean is arround the corner lets see how this goes next

Highlighted
Journeyman

That isn't the only site reporting ICS for the Epic 4G Touch starting thursday and to those of you whinning about updates, Android then Samsung released ICS earlier this year. Yes, Sprint has to get their 2 cents worth of apps on the phone too. I subscribe to TweakTown newsletter and they are gripping about Android having so many phones with all different versions of the os compared to Apple (suck it) but, all the carriers are to blame for that, Sprint a bit more. If you want it that bad, you can Google how to Jailbreak your phone and deal with the problems of prerelease roms instead of being patient and getting the official release. By the way, I did use one of the leaked ICS roms and was happy till I started to have serious signal issues, as mentioned in some other posts. I sure am glad I was able to put the official rom back on so I can get thre real deal ICS.

Oh yeah, JellyBean, is still in the works at Android. Don't hold your breath to see it on the E4GT.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Word is Tommorow thru the 20th of july, my info comes from a trusted source http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/google/android/sprint-epic-4g-touch-receiving-ice-cream-sandw...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat