Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS UPDATE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: ICS UPDATE

Well I just finished chatting with a sprint rep any they are still playing dumb, he stated he doesn't any info on Adroid 4.0 after I asked if there is any truth about the rumored 7/12 release date smh.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was excited to hear that sprint users would be getting an android update however after i received mine there have been some issues with my phone. For example, when trying to conduct a search in the playstore, I can no longer use swipe as I receive an alert saying "Open of English US Failed!"    I hope this is not the type of thing I am going to expect to encounter from here on out with my phone.

Journeyman

I actually got my s2 4 days ago, and yea i am waiting on the update. Sprint has the promotion going in chicago, buy one get one free with 50 mail in rebate, (idk why best buy has them for 50.00 ea..) but whatever. me and a friend got ours both on the same day, and within a hour HE recievedd the ICS update. i was jealous to say the least. All i can say is the phone works perfectly fine on gingerbread, all services promised are delivered. seems 3g dosent work as good as on my proprietary 3g device(LG Optimus s) and i think if i used 4g, i could say good bye to my battery life.

I dont like that if you try to update the device manually, it dosent even look, it says its up to date, like im stupid.

I can wait for the update, but i am holding off on customizing my phone till i do, because i might get apps that are incompatible, etc..

So go ahead sprint, load all the uninstallable garbage on it and push it my way, im ready. (I really hate i cant install FB and Twitter amongst other stupid sprint branded apps, but i do like the service, and coverage is excellent for me. all you other rural idiots need to do some research before you lock into a plan with a company that isnt big in your area.)

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat