cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS Update Causing Major Lag on everything

Patron

ICS Update Causing Major Lag on everything

My phone is relatively new (i.e. bought it at the end of June). I just got the update today for ICS and my phone has gone insane. I turned it off and back on to see if it would fix it but it is still misbehaving. My main issue is the internet one.

1. Can't connect to Internet and when I do, it loads REALLY slow.

2. Google Play is also affected by #1

3. Keyboard for texting is clunky feeling, not as responsive as it used to be.

Also, why the heck isn't there a guide out there that is easy to find on what all this update did to my phone? (for example: says it can update your bookmarks from chrome into your phone..but how?)

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: ICS Update Causing Major Lag on everything

I have also noticed a general clunkiness as compared to Gingerbread.

Journeyman

I have noticed it too.  I was actually coming on here to see if anyone else is having this issue.  I love everything else about ICS just having that issue now is a bit annoying.  I was hoping with just an issue withy cell tower.  Any Sprint moderator know of network issues or is it the phone upgrade?

Journeyman

To all struggling with or interested in the ICS update to the Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S2:

Please consider reviewing the link below and adding your thoughts on the larger mobile computing/Android industry implications raised by the flawed ICS update.

Thank you.

Re: Failed and COSTLY Ice Cream Sandwich update and Swype fix (Epic 4G Touch Samsung Galaxy S2)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat