cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

ICS Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, I updated to ICS for 7 days to give it a try and of course there were way to many issues for me with the battery life and some of the new apps. I also notice how the screens were laging when swipeing back and forth and all the icons at the top were different. my mesaging was not working at 100%, but there was some good apps i did like. So with all the issues that came with ICS and not wanting to wait for another fix I flashed backed to GB last night and let me tell you what a difference between the to OS. Flashing back only took 30 minutes. So for all of you that did not get up date yet I would wait untill all the fixes are done. Ics is not worth all the headaces that came with it, I also e-mailed dan@sprint with all the concerns with the update. So with all said I will wait for all issues to be resolved.

Thanks,

Awesomeblossom

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree. I also called and tweeted Samsung tech support.

Highlighted
Journeyman

how did you roll back to GB?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is the link to flash back to GB!!!!!

www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s2-epic-4g-touch-android-2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is the restof that link!!!!

-3-6-el29firmware-93958

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recommend doing the full wipe. It's a pain to have to start from scratch and download all your apps again.  But going to ics and back you're asking for trouble. Start with a fresh install and build from there. Then you don't have to worry about data from the other versions messing things up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After doing this last night it was like a brand new phone out of the box!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Me too. When I got ics I left my phone off the charger overnight and lost 34% of my battery if I remember correctly. First night back on GB after 8 hours off the charger is only lost 5%. I've had it though with sprint. Going to verizon tomorrow to price things out.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat