cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS Upgrade broke VPN (IPSEC/L2TP)

Highlighted
Journeyman

ICS Upgrade broke VPN (IPSEC/L2TP)

Well, this is upsetting.  I was so excited about finally getting ICS on my Epic 4G Touch, that I went out and bought a new router that has great support for IPSEC/L2TP, just so I could get a reliable VPN connection to my business network from my phone.  Upgraded to ICS only to discover IPSEC/L2TP VPN in this release is completely fubar'ed.  It doesn't even attempt to connect over 3G.  Looking at the DDMS logcat output, I can see the VPN connection just immediately dies with a java exception.  No error message, no user notification of any kind.  That should never happen.  This is surreal.  It's obvious that this basic functionality wasn't even superfically tested before release.  And it's not like this was rushed out of the door either.  Just very disappointed right now.

Also, it would be nice if Sprint gave some kind of official word on the status of this ICS rollout...anything gonna get fixed?  Is it on hold as others have reported?  I'm getting tired of this.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, I own the SGS 2 and upgraded to ICS and I'm having the same problem as well.   Everything is cool using WIFI but 3G doesn't work.  This is absolutely ridiculous, does anyone QC this garbage?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat